Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #361
Veteran Member

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Still a lot of good deal in Canada . Don and Aden still under $970 and 4 others under $1000
Pentax K-5 - Canada and Cross-Border Price Comparison - photoprice.ca

01-19-2012, 02:09 PM   #362
Banned

K-5 body-only $750 at Samy's Camera!

QuoteQuote:
A a long time lurker--I'm taking Gollum in a cave with the One Ring-lurker, I'm glad I can finally contribute SOMETHING!

I don't know how long this will last, but Samy's has the K-5 body-only listed at $1049 with a $300 instant rebate and free shipping! $749 out the door unless you live in sunny California.

I FINALLY upgraded from my K100d and can finally participate in SDM 'debates!!
(Do I dare?)
K-5 body-only $750 at Samy's Camera!: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

QuoteQuote:
It was an internet pricing error, but they are honoring the price for anyone who ordered on-line. It will be a few weeks before the get more product in stock. The fact that they are honoring the price says a lot about the company. We will see how it all plays out, but it is a really good deal on a K-5.
Re: Sammy's close-out sale: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
01-23-2012, 05:31 PM   #363
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Just paid 999$ for the K5 and 200$ for the Grip from Prodigital2000 (ordered by phone). They have the best prices in Canada.

1259$ taxes in with shipping for both.
01-23-2012, 06:14 PM   #364
Veteran Member

Not true
Dons Photos, Henry, Aden all have better price+ you pay only 1 taxes if yu live in Quebec
Pentax K-5 - Canada and Cross-Border Price Comparison - photoprice.ca

01-23-2012, 07:02 PM   #365
Veteran Member

I used prodigital in 2007 when I bought my K10D and a crapton of lenses... total order was close to 3000$. They have top notch customer service. They sold me the grip for 200$ and Don/Henry sell it for 280$, so I ended up saving anyway.

Prodigital/ CARMAN'S FOTO SOURCE also offer free UPS shipping. UPS Standard is 1 day to Montreal. Do the other competitors offer free S/H and competitive pricing on glass and accessories as well? Doesn't seem like it at all. If you're only buying the K-5 body and care about that 20$ you'll save, it might be worth it. But just by sampling the FA31, prodigital's the cheapest by far. 1115CAD on eBay. If you call in, since they save the eBay fee, you can probably get it for 1070 + GST and free shipping. That's AT LEAST 200$ cheaper than 2nd place in Canada.

TBH I just don't get it how they sell their stuff for such low prices.

Last edited by FrancisK7; 01-23-2012 at 07:09 PM.
01-24-2012, 08:07 AM   #366
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TigerLord Quote
I used prodigital in 2007 when I bought my K10D and a crapton of lenses... total order was close to 3000$. They have top notch customer service. They sold me the grip for 200$ and Don/Henry sell it for 280$, so I ended up saving anyway.

Prodigital/ CARMAN'S FOTO SOURCE also offer free UPS shipping. UPS Standard is 1 day to Montreal. Do the other competitors offer free S/H and competitive pricing on glass and accessories as well? Doesn't seem like it at all. If you're only buying the K-5 body and care about that 20$ you'll save, it might be worth it. But just by sampling the FA31, prodigital's the cheapest by far. 1115CAD on eBay. If you call in, since they save the eBay fee, you can probably get it for 1070 + GST and free shipping. That's AT LEAST 200$ cheaper than 2nd place in Canada.

Volume and no need for B&M costing. Carmens in store is likely different pricing, with prodigital costs being measured differently. no meed for salepeople helps as well. Call centers cost far less than in store salespeople
01-24-2012, 09:02 AM   #367
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TigerLord Quote

Also, since they don't have a store front... it is not easy for people to abuse the try-and-return policy as in other stores. Only the genuine defective items are accepted for return; this also reduces the overhead (hence lower cost) over other stores that have to account for it. I have bought a few items from them before and everyone of them is brand new and very happy with the purchase. On the other hand, every time I purchased items from Adorama, they looked used and repackaged - three strikes they are out for me. The only reason I did not buy all items from Prodigital is because I am from Ontario (pst makes the difference).

01-24-2012, 09:37 AM   #368
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
Also, since they don't have a store front... it is not easy for people to abuse the try-and-return policy as in other stores. Only the genuine defective items are accepted for return; this also reduces the overhead (hence lower cost) over other stores that have to account for it. I have bought a few items from them before and everyone of them is brand new and very happy with the purchase. On the other hand, every time I purchased items from Adorama, they looked used and repackaged - three strikes they are out for me. The only reason I did not buy all items from Prodigital is because I am from Ontario (pst makes the difference).
Note that the policy at Prodigital2000 is no returns, exchange only.

Their prices on bodies is good, lenses not so much, and they don't carry a full selection.
01-24-2012, 10:24 AM   #369
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
Note that the policy at Prodigital2000 is no returns, exchange only.

Their prices on bodies is good, lenses not so much, and they don't carry a full selection.
"no returns, exchange only" good for them... I like that policy...
01-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #370
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
They have the best prices on glass by far, but it's true they don't have a full selection.
03-02-2012, 08:13 AM   #371
Veteran Member

$955 CAD at Aden

** NEW **Pentax K-5 (Body Only)

$976.33 CAD at prodigital2000

NEW Pentax K-5 Digital SLR Camera Body Only 16MP 1080p | eBay

i think it's time i get a K5
03-02-2012, 09:27 AM   #372
Veteran Member

Clicker, since you are from Ontario, try McBain in Edmonton, and contact them to match the price and shipping, and perhaps waive pst. The Internet sales person is very good. I also ask him to ensure the shutter count is zero. Good luck, you will enjoy the k-5.
03-02-2012, 10:25 AM   #373
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
Clicker, since you are from Ontario, try McBain in Edmonton, and contact them to match the price and shipping, and perhaps waive pst. The Internet sales person is very good. I also ask him to ensure the shutter count is zero. Good luck, you will enjoy the k-5.
Can McCain waive the tax shipping to Ontario? I know when GST and PST were separate they could avoid collecting PST since they didn't do business in Ontario, but they were required to collect GST. Now that we have HST I think they are required to collect it since it is submitted like the GST to the Feds and the feds split out the provincial $
Same as when you shopped cross border in the past the post office and courier would collect GST but PST was your responsibility to submit (like anyone ever did that aside from companies who would get chased for it)
03-02-2012, 05:33 PM   #374
Veteran Member

Better if you could have someone in Alberta pick it up/purchase it and mail it to you.. I guess I'm fortunate to have some friends/relatives in Calgary for that
03-02-2012, 06:41 PM   #375
Veteran Member

aleonx3, unfortunately eddie1960 is correct since the HST that "perk" faded away but Chex's solution still works or you can pick it up yourself BUT on a side note i'm still hoping i have some funds for the K5 after the Canon 5D MK3 comes, i cancelled ALL my other pre-orders for this because i have too much invested in Canon lenses and i'm getting too old to be a camera slut i need to start shooting seriously again and make my investments pay off in better images.

...but thanks for the suggestion.