Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Tanguay is not B & M.
Tanguay & Brault & Martineau are own by the group . IT's call Groupe BMT

But you have Gosselin in Québec who is really a good Pentax Dealer

11-04-2010, 08:47 AM   #107
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
oh.. I ordered mine on 27th.. I guess more waiting for me...
11-04-2010, 09:02 AM   #108
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vizjerei Quote
oh.. I ordered mine on 27th.. I guess more waiting for me...

Vizjerei, I will be interested in how it turns out.... are they authorized Canadian dealer? Hope everything works out for you... let us know your thoughts on the K-5 as well. I am eyeing for that as it will likely "hopefully" be the last model (for a long time) for my CBA (once I phase out the K10D).
11-04-2010, 12:27 PM   #109

K-5 is on its way

I emailed The Camera Store this morning, and they just replied that they are shipping today. Yes!
Looks like the Pentax truck made it to Calgary today. Saneal Camera is also advertising K-5 in stock. $1479.99 Shipping extra. Camera Store is shipping included. And, of course, no PST.

11-04-2010, 01:55 PM   #110
Veteran Member

Yes! I got an email saying it is shipped today~ Can't wait!

@aleonx3 haha I am phasing out my K10D, it is about time

QuoteOriginally posted by JayBee Quote
I emailed The Camera Store this morning, and they just replied that they are shipping today. Yes!
Looks like the Pentax truck made it to Calgary today. Saneal Camera is also advertising K-5 in stock. $1479.99 Shipping extra. Camera Store is shipping included. And, of course, no PST.
11-04-2010, 05:08 PM   #111
Veteran Member

Yes, The Camera Store is one of the Pentax authorized Canadian dealer.

Try Pentax Canada - Find an Authorized Dealer Near You

QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
Vizjerei, I will be interested in how it turns out.... are they authorized Canadian dealer? Hope everything works out for you... let us know your thoughts on the K-5 as well. I am eyeing for that as it will likely "hopefully" be the last model (for a long time) for my CBA (once I phase out the K10D).
11-04-2010, 05:27 PM   #112
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vizjerei Quote
Yes, The Camera Store is one of the Pentax authorized Canadian dealer.

Try Pentax Canada - Find an Authorized Dealer Near You
Sorry, Vizierei, I thought you ordered the k-5 from Tanguay in Quebec (as mentioned by others in the thread). I know the Camera store as I had purchased from them before, they are good.

11-05-2010, 10:19 AM   #113
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Trying to order from The Camera Store. They tell me their stock is all spoken for but there may be a cancellation freeing one up.

CANCELLATION? Someone hasn't read the DxOmark review!

Anyhow, if it's one of you cancelling... hurry up and confirm you're backing off so that I can get my order processed & hopefully shipped today!

WHEEEEE!
11-08-2010, 01:32 PM   #114

$1428.99@ Dunne & Rundle

Also, Newegg.ca is advertising the 16-50mm for $750 CDN only problem is that theyship from the US so there is only 1 year warrenty not the 2 from Pentax Canada.

Let me know if I am wrong.
11-09-2010, 04:59 AM   #115
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by David Whiteley Quote
Trying to order from The Camera Store. They tell me their stock is all spoken for but there may be a cancellation freeing one up.

CANCELLATION? Someone hasn't read the DxOmark review!

Anyhow, if it's one of you cancelling... hurry up and confirm you're backing off so that I can get my order processed & hopefully shipped today!

WHEEEEE!
OMG! Just post the darn link... lol

DxOMark - DxOMark review for the Pentax K5

I have always trusted DxO and wow, to quote what they stated, "No need for suspense: this new 16.3 MP sensor is simply the best APS-C we have tested so far, sometimes able to compete even with very high-end full-frame cameras.

The overall score of the K5 puts it in the lead with 82 points — more than 9 points better than the D90 or the Alpha 55, and 16 points ahead of the Canon 7D or 60D. The K5 is literally the best APS-C performer for each segment, even in low ISO. "

I have never read a review so positive about a camera! But bear in mind, DxO only tests purely technical aspects of the sensor, not the overall experience and image results.

NOTE: Since Pentax is almost completely inept when it comes to advertising, I have attached a handout. :-)
Attached Images
File Type: pdf DxOMark - Pentax K5 review.pdf (525.4 KB, 2162 views)
11-09-2010, 05:00 AM   #116
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Babbs Quote
$1428.99@ Dunne & Rundle

Also, Newegg.ca is advertising the 16-50mm for $750 CDN only problem is that theyship from the US so there is only 1 year warrenty not the 2 from Pentax Canada.

Let me know if I am wrong.
London Drugs in Vancouver is selling the K5 for $1599 without lens. Way over-priced in my opinion.
11-09-2010, 07:08 AM - 1 Like   #117

I bought my K-5 at London Drugs. They price match for 30 days. Thats why I am continuing to look for the cheepest advertised price. I originally paid $1599 for it then I went back and the price was lowered to matched "Saneals camera" at $1479 and now I found Dunne and Rundle at 1428.99. Then next time I am in Edmonton I will go back to London Drugs and have it priced matched again.

I am also looking at buying the 16-50 star lens. Vistek.ca has it priced at 899.99 which is the lowest that I have found
QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxmz Quote
London Drugs in Vancouver is selling the K5 for $1599 without lens. Way over-priced in my opinion.
. I will get it priced matched at London Drugs as well When I get back to Edmonton.
11-10-2010, 01:02 AM   #118
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Babbs Quote
I bought my K-5 at London Drugs. They price match for 30 days. Thats why I am continuing to look for the cheepest advertised price. I originally paid $1599 for it then I went back and the price was lowered to matched "Saneals camera" at $1479 and now I found Dunne and Rundle at 1428.99. Then next time I am in Edmonton I will go back to London Drugs and have it priced matched again.

I am also looking at buying the 16-50 star lens. Vistek.ca has it priced at 899.99 which is the lowest that I have found

. I will get it priced matched at London Drugs as well When I get back to Edmonton.
$1400 is about what I paid for my K20D (I purchased very shortly after its debut) but then I saw the price literally plummet to about $1000 within a few months.

Can we expect this to happen again? I can certainly wait a little bit.
11-10-2010, 01:45 AM   #119
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxmz Quote
$1400 is about what I paid for my K20D (I purchased very shortly after its debut) but then I saw the price literally plummet to about $1000 within a few months.

Can we expect this to happen again? I can certainly wait a little bit.
I would think that the price would have a significant drop by February when new cameras come out. that's about 3 months from now and it shouldn't be a long wait.
11-10-2010, 08:59 PM   #120
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
I would think that the price would have a significant drop by February when new cameras come out. that's about 3 months from now and it shouldn't be a long wait.
I second February!
But I suspect the big dip may even extend into March depending on sales and marketing.
But February makes sense given the trend that follows the holiday push and new year rollover. After which things seem to settle-in for the season.

And, as much as I want to own and use a K-5.
I am bound by my own finances to wait until Spring anyways
My only consolation is to admit(out loud), that I'm better off waiting

Now, I worry that Nikon will drop a D800 bomb between now and then to ruin the party!