Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-16-2010, 05:37 AM   #1
Veteran Member

There is more to the K-5 than high ISO, right?

My congrats to Imtheguy for starting a K-5 report thread that does not have high ISO as the primary point. Good lord, there is more to photographic life than high ISO!!

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate anyone taking their time to share anything about the camera. Also, I'm excited about high ISO, but I'll be scouring the threads that focus on AF performance and all the other good things about this new cam we're all so interested in.

10-16-2010, 05:50 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thank you.

Uh.....what is an ISO ??
10-16-2010, 06:23 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jake14mw Quote
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate anyone taking their time to share anything about the camera. Also, I'm excited about high ISO, but I'll be scouring the threads that focus on AF performance and all the other good things about this new cam we're all so interested in.
What is AF?
10-16-2010, 08:49 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jake14mw Quote
My congrats to Imtheguy for starting a K-5 report thread that does not have high ISO as the primary point. Good lord, there is more to photographic life than high ISO!!

Of course there is....just as there's much more to photographic life than AF performance...especially to those of us who prefer to use Manual Focus lenses most of the time. Personally I only own two AF lenses and to be honest they just don't get used alot.

It's just that to alot people, the major weak point of the K7 was the performance at high ISO...so you're going to see alot of people going ga-ga over the much improved high ISO performance.

10-16-2010, 09:31 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've been whining for a while all over the forum, so to speak, about the need for faster, more acurate AF system, and it looks like we may have what we wanted.
Of course, I've also whined about high ISO performance, and that seems to have been solved as well.

These two features alone are enough for me to make the move to the K5, remains to be seen now which of the two cameras I will keep: my K20D or my K7.

imthe guy ... ISO means you will never have to worry about it for shooting birds!

There is indeed much more than that in the K5, we (I) have to wait and see what reviews and tests will provide.

JP
10-16-2010, 09:33 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jgmankos Quote
It's just that to alot people, the major weak point of the K7 was the performance at high ISO...so you're going to see alot of people going ga-ga over the much improved high ISO performance.
I think that's exactly right. It's not that high-ISO is the only important feature, but it was the one aspect of the K7 that many people (myself included) felt was lacking. So the high-ISO improvement is what I, at least initially, am primarily focused on.