Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-21-2010, 07:30 AM   #1
Veteran Member

K-5 Select Af point in live view

I saw a video before the k5 was launched that showed the live view focus point being moved around the screen using the 4 way controller. At the time I thought it was a great idea for macro tripod shots. I have read the manual and cant find any way to do this. All that happens when I press the controller is the function for that button pops up.

Have tried all the AF modes, no joy. Any ideas K5 owners?

Terry

10-21-2010, 07:57 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It's the same as when you're not in LiveView, i.e. press "Ok" before the 4-way pad. You must be in "SEL" mode, of course.

There is also a custom option that reverses the function of the "Ok" button, i.e. the 4-way pad defaults to moving the AF point, and you must press "Ok" first to access the function of each button.
10-21-2010, 08:08 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks

QuoteOriginally posted by RBellavance Quote
It's the same as when you're not in LiveView, i.e. press "Ok" before the 4-way pad. You must be in "SEL" mode, of course.

There is also a custom option that reverses the function of the "Ok" button, i.e. the 4-way pad defaults to moving the AF point, and you must press "Ok" first to access the function of each button.
I found it by trial and error! Strange for me it works in all AF modes. Very useful for macro work. Thanks for the response.

Also you can use the info button almost the same way though not as accurate.
10-21-2010, 08:22 AM   #4

Where is the option to revert the OK button's function?? Coming from a K10d, this has been KILLING me!

Thanks!

10-21-2010, 09:05 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I don't own a K-5 (yet ), but on a K-7 it's Custom setting 36 "Operate at AF point SEL". With this, "Ok" on the K-7/K-5 becomes more or less what "Fn" was on the K10D.

Last edited by RBellavance; 10-21-2010 at 12:27 PM.
10-21-2010, 11:38 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by scole Quote
Where is the option to revert the OK button's function?? Coming from a K10d, this has been KILLING me!

Thanks!
If I understand the question right, I think you need to hold down the "OK" button. This will toggle between the focus points and the WB/flash/drive functions. A single push centers the focus point.