Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-10-2010, 10:37 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K7 On-Off Switch Stiff Compared to K5

I own a K7 & Kx. The K7 button has noticeably stiffer movement. I'm not having any problems aside from I have to push considerably harder to toggle the switch. I'd say it almost seems like its binding. I inquired with Pentax service representative and was told that the switch should have stiff movement to prevent unintentional movement such as when it's in the camera bag. I'm not saying that's unreasonable but then again, the Kx is nowhere near as stiff to toggle. I purchased the K7 about 5 months before the Kx. I believe after a few months of owning the K7 it stiffened up. Once I acquired the Kx it became even more noticeable but it's not getting any worst (or better).
I'm curious, does anyone else have both bodies and how does the smoothness of the on-off switches compare?

11-10-2010, 10:40 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I haven't noted any difference - maybe it's just your particular camera?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-10-2010, 11:54 PM   #3
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The On-Off switch of my K-7 is relatively stiff. Certainly, it is stiffer than a number of other cameras (Canikon and co) that I tried.

This does not bother me. In fact, I prefer that the camera does not switch on while I carry it in a bag: I like the stiff On/Off switch.

I may add that I set up the Sleep mode On for the camera to swich off when I do not use it for some times. It saves battery but it also ensures that the camera is Off if I forget to switch it off.

I have my K-7 for one year and I noted little difference in the On-Off switch stiffness.

Last edited by hcc; 11-11-2010 at 02:05 AM.
11-11-2010, 07:31 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by seachunk2 Quote
I own a K7 & Kx. The K7 button has noticeably stiffer movement.[...]
I'm curious, does anyone else have both bodies and how does the smoothness of the on-off switches compare?
Same here.
Not an issue for me but I wished both, the mode dial and the on-off switch would operate more smoothly. Ah, and the AF switch too