Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-17-2010, 12:39 PM   #16
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by willywalker Quote
Does anyone else find it difficult to remove the SD card from the K- 5? I thought it was just me and my big fat fingers, but my wife with her nimble little fingers also battled to remove it!
We, of course, did push it in first and it does release - but still tough to remove!
QuoteOriginally posted by CorneliusK Quote
You need to use the spring to "throw" the SD card out. Press it in and compress the spring, and release the card while the spring is still under compression.
Works every time. Or just use the PC cable to transfer your photos.
I too find great difficulty removing the card. It's almost as annoying as the rear button arrangement.

I am very weary of doing what CorneliusK said. I once recently did that with my K10D when out on a shoot at an outdoor elevated park in NYC (the Highline), and needed to swap to my back-up card. The full card with all my photographs of the previous few hours flew clear out of the slot, onto the stone tile, then bounced into a bolted-down grating out of reach. It could have been lost for good, but luckily it was within visible range about 2 feet down. Some park reps came by and I told them the story. They felt sorry enough for me that one of them called for another person to bring the special key 10 blocks north so that the grating could be unbolted. ...so I'm going to carefully assess my location for any drains, cracks or crevasses that the card can fall into before I let the card spring out un-controlled again.

06-05-2012, 11:39 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hmm. wish I could have seen this before upgrading 100D super to K-5. So trusty with Pentax :-). Having difficulty with SD card removal from K-5. a) need to try spring method else b) file the edges and try again. Do not want to screw up new 16gb card :-)

Thanks for the tips folks
06-05-2012, 11:44 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Mine was tough when I first got it -- seems easier now, but still not as easy as my previous K7 where I never had a thought about it, which is weird since the design is the same.