Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-21-2010, 01:19 PM   #31
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Sorry for the delay in responding to you guys. It was a case of gremlins in my pc I shot the last one yesterday. All is well now new firmware down loaded as easy as all the K7 firmware. They also would not let me log into this or other forums till I got the last gremlin. Once again thank you for your response

11-21-2010, 10:34 PM   #32
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I was looking at the appropriate thread for this 'discovery', related to continuous shooting. This thread is the other one that looks appropriate, so I wanted to share/crosspost this here too. This is with the v1.01 bios...

Last night I was playing around inside with only a few hundred watts of lights on with the continuous HI and Low to see how many shots I could get, AT was on continuous as well. I thought I changed a setting that had a side-effect of slowing down continuous shooting. I didn't have any lens correction enabled. Continuous was still set on "Hi" mode.

I soon realized when I pointed at the while wall/corner where a spotlight was pointing, the camera was shooting at max. Point at the TV, speed was max. Point at a light, speed was max. Point at dimly lit areas, and speed dramatically decreased to from 3 - 1 shot a sec. So I realized EV level had a huge impact on the continuous rate.

I was doing a lot of continuous shooting of the dogs playing with a ball today, outside, and continuous shots were definitely at max speed. ...found it interesting in the sense of knowing your gear.
11-22-2010, 02:57 AM   #33

QuoteOriginally posted by Priyantha Bleeker Quote
Did somebody see any difference in IQ from Firmware 1.0.0 to Firmware 1.0.1 ?
And are the filesizes different ? Smaller ?
To quote myself...
anyone with a answer ?