Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-19-2010, 11:37 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wanting to buy a K-5 but there are none :(

I start my vacation tomorrow and I was trying to make arrangements 2 weeks ago, hoping to have a K-5 and K-r for my wife. I tried to pick it up today, but no, the shipment didn't come in and it isn't coming in any time soon. All the stores are getting just a few cameras but no more . I've phoned all the stores I can think of in Victoria and also all that I know in Vancouver (where I'm going to meet family), but no luck. Anyone have any ideas? I am trying to get the dunne and rundle price which probably doesn't help .

11-20-2010, 01:13 AM   #2
Veteran Member

OKay that is a bit annoying, I know that feeling, have had that a few times... Now I have pre-ordered K-5 + 18-135 and try to be patient. Stroe I pre-ordered is not the cheapest but among the first official dealers to get the K-5 shipment. So maybe the first batch of K-5 + 18-135 will be there as well soon but one never knows...

Most annoying thing thouigh is that usually the first one is going to a lucky soul who then posts "whohooo it is in, I have it!!!!!! ........But because of family event/work/ something else I won't be able to shoot for a few days...."

Now THAT is a waste of shipping resources...
11-20-2010, 07:34 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I feel your pain. Been waiting for mine since the start of the week, it was out of stock until Thursday, so one of the first K-5s in Ireland is sitting in a postal depot, and there is nothing I can do about it.
11-20-2010, 08:49 AM   #4

I was lucky and got the last one from a dealer in Ohio USA on 11/19/2010. I searched the net for weeks until I found them, just lucky. Hope you get one soon.

11-20-2010, 08:59 AM   #5

Just got one from Pro Digital 2000 in Ontario, which i believe is Carmens. $1469.00 shipped.
Joe

My first post.
11-20-2010, 09:04 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Same here, got the last one form the store near me.
Though they only had three to begin with, and those went in the first couple of days. Its the only store I know of in the entire state that still sells Pentax, but I'm still surprised they sold that quickly. :-)
11-20-2010, 09:40 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well I they are selling faster than they can get them in, it's a good thing. I have called about 9 stores and so far I could only pick up a demo model, but I'd prefer to wait for one that hasn't been played with. A couple of stores are expecting a second shipment any day now, so perhaps I can pick one up during the vacation....

11-20-2010, 10:29 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I got one on order at "The Camera Store", but they are still waiting for a shipment...

It's killing me...

Pat
11-20-2010, 10:33 AM   #9
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

B&H had them in stock yesterday, briefly.
11-20-2010, 10:40 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
B&H had them in stock yesterday, briefly.
I believe the ones B&H got in this week went to fill orders, because the last time they ran out, I requested to be notified when they were restocked and I have yet to receive notification. When requesting to be notified, the site says requests are filled in the order received. So I'm still waiting...
11-20-2010, 11:13 AM   #11
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
I believe the ones B&H got in this week went to fill orders, because the last time they ran out, I requested to be notified when they were restocked and I have yet to receive notification. When requesting to be notified, the site says requests are filled in the order received. So I'm still waiting...
I was on that list from day one. Their stock came and went and I was never notified. Turns out however, I was, it just got sent to my spam folder.

B&H says they have them in stock, with the kit lens but not the body only. Newegg has at least one. Buy.com claims to be able to deliver a couple. I like B&H but they aren't the only game in town.

Pentax K-5 Body KIT16MP 3 in LCD 1080p HD Video

What really amazes me more is that you cannot buy one directly from Pentax USA.

11-20-2010, 11:36 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I really believe that the K-5s are literally flying off the shelves. The store (SRS Microsystems, UK) I got mine from has been through 4 or 5 shipments already. It seems that it is pulling in all the K10D and K20D users for an upgrade and maybe quite a few from other systems.
11-20-2010, 12:01 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Same story here, I would have one by now if they where available, but they aren't.
11-20-2010, 12:52 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
I was on that list from day one. Their stock came and went and I was never notified. Turns out however, I was, it just got sent to my spam folder.

B&H says they have them in stock, with the kit lens but not the body only. Newegg has at least one. Buy.com claims to be able to deliver a couple. I like B&H but they aren't the only game in town.

Pentax K-5 Body KIT16MP 3 in LCD 1080p HD Video

What really amazes me more is that you cannot buy one directly from Pentax USA.

That doesn't surprise me. In fact I'd be surprised at this point if you could buy one from their web site. They have to look out for their retailers first, so at least until sales start to level out, I would expect Pentax not to offer them on their site.

Of course that doesn't mean that Pentax won't, just that at this point it doesn't make sense for them to compete against their retailers.
11-22-2010, 07:10 PM   #15
Veteran Member

My K5 just shipped from "The Camera Store" in Calgary! Woooo!

(Sorry, just had to jump with joy!)

Pat