Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-05-2011, 12:50 PM   #76
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
You'd have to print it page by page, I'm afraid, but that shouldn't be too bad!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-11-2011, 11:58 PM   #77

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for the review.

The review recommends using Vibrant setting for Custom Image Finishing Tone (CIFT). Does anybody know why? In which situations would that be fine? For my taste Vibrant produces unbearably wrong colors (oversaturated blues). I set it to Natural now. Bright looks fine too.
12-13-2011, 06:27 PM   #78

In Workthrough section it is recommended this: "make sure you push in the lens release button near the mount while putting the lens on. If you don't do this, both the mount and the lens will be subjected to unnecessary wear."

The Pentax lens manual (page 12) specifically advises against this: "Memo: Do not hold down the lens unlock button while mounting the lens, otherwise the lens will not be properly mounted"
12-14-2011, 02:11 AM   #79
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
You can let go of it at the last moment, but it's still a good idea to keep it pressed down until you're close to the locked position. If you don't do this properly though, they are right- it might not lock at all.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-14-2011, 02:53 AM   #80

yeh, I guess it is just to make sure the lock is secure. But I was not 100% sure that's the only reason, so I prefer to do it the safe way (i e. manufacture recommended way)