Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-10-2010, 09:08 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Missing user's manual in the K-5 box

Hi,

Here in Sweden some pentaxians (myself included) has reported that there wasn't a user's manual (the book) in their boxes when they unpacked their cameras. (Some has also said that while they did get a manual, they didn't get the CD containting the pdf version of the manual.)

Now, this isn't a big problem since the manual can be downloaded, but is this just a thing in Sweden or has it happened world wide?

/Henrik

12-10-2010, 09:29 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Perhaps you got an open box k5?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-10-2010, 09:32 AM   #3
Veteran Member

it would be an issue for me. i'd like to be able to have it handy for the first little while while i got used to features my old model (k10) doesn't have, and at the price i think having to print my own is crazy (or buy an readerr to carry it with me)
12-10-2010, 01:02 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Perhaps you got an open box k5?
I don't think so but I can't know for sure. However the content list on the outside of my box does not state that it contains a printed manual. Are there different versions of boxes?

12-10-2010, 01:22 PM   #5
Pentaxian

There shouldn't be any CD containing a pdf user manual, unless that's a translated manual, added by the distributor. Pentax delivers only the software; the manual is printed.
12-10-2010, 01:50 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
There shouldn't be any CD containing a pdf user manual, unless that's a translated manual, added by the distributor. Pentax delivers only the software; the manual is printed.

this may well be it, you got a translated manual as one hasn't been printed in your language, still you think they would include the original as well
12-10-2010, 02:16 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I have the same here in French Canada. Some books were not included because the translation was not completed. Pentax Canada inform me that the french book will be sent to my attention when availabale

12-10-2010, 03:59 PM   #8
Veteran Member

This is not funny... mine came with the French manual in-box and the English one apart.... and both manuals are different in size... I have no clue what they were finishing translating...
12-11-2010, 07:34 AM   #9
Pentaxian

I didn't get a printed manual, and I have gone through two k-5 boxes as the first camera had a bad case of the stains disease.

If I recall correctly the same thing happened with the K10d, at first people where getting the printed manuals, but later on it was only a CD.
12-11-2010, 07:43 AM   #10

didn't get manual as well
12-11-2010, 08:53 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Id really be wanted a printed manual with such a complex device.

Id probably just print my own from the pdf on the pentax website.
12-11-2010, 09:01 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WerTicus Quote
Id really be wanted a printed manual with such a complex device.

Id probably just print my own from the pdf on the pentax website.
How would you go about creating a printed manual similar to the original in size, binding, etc.? I've been taught that printers are not happy when asked to print material with a copyright.

Or should I be scouting for small paper sizes and binding materials to go with the new inkjet cartridges I'd inevitably need? I fear that the inkjet result would be rather poor and the cost of a particularly good printer (dye sub?) is entirely out bounds.

What do others do in this situation?
12-11-2010, 09:27 AM   #13

Photos: Gallery
Here in Canada, the manuals were not ready on the first shipment and there was a small card in the box from Pentax Canada which said 'Sorry, the manual was not ready, you will be able to get one free of charge using the contact information provided' or something similar.

Even if you did not get such a card, just call your local Pentax office.

- Itai
12-11-2010, 12:04 PM   #14
Inactive Account

there seem to be a big mess concerning the manuals.

I live in Germany and bought my K-5 from one of the big german catalogue shops.

It came with a french manual and the distributor is not able to deliver a german manual.

I was lucky to get a german pdf-manual, which i will print and make a booklet.

If there is someone out there who wants to trade his german manual and needs a french version - please drop me a line.

regards Thorsten
12-14-2010, 09:23 AM   #15

I had K-x manual in the box...