Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
12-17-2010, 03:11 PM   #106
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
I thought Pentax owners were better than this but it seems not.
QuoteOriginally posted by philbaum Quote
What are you - the Nikon politically correct police? I don't see any problem with poking a little fun at an obviously biased "reviewer". We're not the ones passing ourselves off as some sort of official reviewers by creating a youtube vide.

After all, it does say PENTAX on the front of these forums. If you can't be positive about Pentax in the Pentax forums - where can you be?

Frankly, the hot pixels not being mapped by Nikon is a big issue for me, the stain not any kind of issue. Why? Because Pentax is replacing the Pentax K5's with the defective glass. Nikon can't really do that because hot pixels increase over time with camera ownership - i absolutely dislike unnecessary maintenance items that require the camera be shipped into a maintenance center for weeks at a time.

If you think the D7000 is such a great camera - go buy one. I'm saving my money for the K5.
Thanks for proving my point.

12-17-2010, 07:54 PM   #107
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
Thanks for proving my point.
fail, but an A for effort.
12-18-2010, 06:33 AM - 1 Like   #108
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
...or pentaxians worried about everybody else?

i'm sorry, but mike has a point here. (and most on this thread would probably agree, if they would read his comment for what it is): there's nothing wrong with the d7000, actually, i was thrilled nikon put out a camera like this. competition is _good_ for us (consumers); choice is likewise good. i am glad for my nikon shooting friends that they have a d7000 they can buy if they should ever want one. the d7000 imho is everything the d80-range should have been, and i think nikon raised the bar close to what pentax's "enthusiast" bodies have been at least since k10d. that's good. the problem is the reviewer and the useless bullshit he's putting out. it's a big difference between stating he is an idiot (which, i'm sorry for political correctness and all, but he is), and stating the d7000 is crap.

i have one question: how come this thread is so long winded and discussed? i think "he's an imbecile" is all anybody would need to say. is it that pentaxians are so insecure about their brand image that anybody bothering to do a comparison to one of the big two in a video becomes a big deal (even if that somebody is an idiot)? that's sad. i like my gear, and stand by my choice, i don't see why i would care what a parrot has to say about it.

food for thought maybe
12-18-2010, 07:17 AM - 1 Like   #109
Veteran Member

Funny that I´m no "fanboy" and I don't find the topic that ridiculous and imbecile.

It's true that some Nikon and Canon fanboys are, as always, willing to bash the K-5 and that Tardoftheimage Troll did find his nerve to come up with the most ridiculous and imbecile pseudo-review to date. Even dpr's review, with it's milded view on the camera, puts the K-5 well above the D7000. I've gone thru that youtube movie and I've typed some nasty stuff because that guy was asking for it.

On the pronunciation of the word Nikon, by far one of the most interesting question raised on this thread, I want to add another view on this issue. It relates the origin of the word to its Greek origin. Used to nominate their constructions, Nikos symbolizes conquest, victory, triumph, conquered, and by implication, dominance over the defeated. Another such transferred name in which the term is used is Nicopolis, dominance+city-state. Hence, the city of conquest or city of victory. Now, we don't accept defeat just by naming it, right?

Last edited by Manel Brand; 12-18-2010 at 07:21 AM. Reason: typo
12-18-2010, 07:26 AM   #110
Veteran Member

if you refer to my comment above, imbecile is the guy, not the thread. i'd rather not say anything (more) about the thread...

interesting explanation on the nikon name, thanks for pointing the ethimology out
12-18-2010, 07:30 AM   #111
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nanok Quote
if you refer to my comment above, imbecile is the guy, not the thread. i'd rather not say anything (more) about the thread...

interesting explanation on the nikon name, thanks for pointing the ethimology out
Oh! you are right, sorry about that. Guess I get it wrong. Please accept my apologies.
12-18-2010, 07:48 AM   #112
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
i have one question: how come this thread is so long winded and discussed?
Most threads are one or the other. There is a current thread with 57 replies (mine included) about how to handle a lens cap.

It just happens this thread (the video itself) is particularly stupid to start with, and we can't let it go unnoticed :-)

12-18-2010, 08:00 AM   #113
Veteran Member

i think i can see a thread about that being much more interesting (the subject has more potential ).

manel: neah, no apologies needed, neither of us is a native speaker i expect, shit happens . no big deal
12-18-2010, 09:20 AM   #114
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nanok Quote
manel: neah, no apologies needed, neither of us is a native speaker i expect, shit happens . no big deal
OK, then.

Cheers
12-18-2010, 01:56 PM   #115
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Manel Brand Quote
On the pronunciation of the word Nikon, by far one of the most interesting question raised on this thread, I want to add another view on this issue. It relates the origin of the word to its Greek origin.
Are you sure about this?
Afaik the Nikon name has it's origin in "Nippon Kōgaku", possibly by merging it with Zeiss brand, Ikon.
12-18-2010, 02:23 PM   #116
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Are you sure about this?
Nope!
12-19-2010, 02:50 PM   #117
Forum Member

judging by this guy's body gestures he's searching for excuses to bash on the K5. look at his eyes... barely any eye contact with the camera when he talks about the K5. sorry dude, can't talk to you... i'm allergic to BS
12-20-2010, 12:20 PM   #118
Veteran Member

In general it's clear that he's never used the K-5.

The truth is that they are very similar, with a few advantages on each side. But it almost does not matter. They are too expensive for most beginners, and the D7000 can't mount my Pentax lenses. Same goes for those with a nice Nikkor collection. Who would swap all of their gear for a camera that is essentially the same? To me, it all reads like a brand based p***ing contest. None of it matters in real life.

Compare brands on their lens line, not their cameras. Thats the biggest mistake you can make in building your kit.
12-20-2010, 12:30 PM   #119
Veteran Member

Wow. This guys is such a Re-TARD! This is such an obviously one sided sales pitch for the D7k. From the start he's clearly just on the defensive, trying to make a case for why the D7k is better, and his point are laughably stupid. 'Clearly the better high iso sensor"?? The diference is BARELY noticeable at the pixel-peeping level. "The D7k is a professional AF system that can track anything and will never let you down, while the K-5 can barely autofocus"??? What a jackass. I'm fine with saying that D7k has an edge on the K-5 with AF, but the K-5 still has a very good, absolutely suitable for professional use AF system, and the D7k still has nothing on the 1DmkIV.

I mean do Nikon fanboys even think this guy is for real? I love Pentax, and I'm probably flirting with fanboyism, but if some Pentax guy came out with a video, trashing the D7k with as much stupid ass logic as this guy trashes the K-5, I would still think he's a complete tool.
12-20-2010, 01:08 PM   #120

Either camera

I don't have anything against the guy in the video or his Nikon preference.

After all, he did give Pentax the benefit of the doubt, saying that if you're highly invested in Pentax, go ahead and buy the K5. He personally wouldn't, but he ISN'T telling Pentax users to switch systems because D7000 is so much better.

Level headed, I suppose.