Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2010, 05:43 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Mirror-up mode shooting with k-5

Today I've tried mirror-up mode shooting witth my K-5. The flash fires when the mirror is up with halfway press on shutter release and do not fire again when shutter release is ultimately pressed. I'm sure razor sharp images can be obtained with this mode as it prevents even minimal shake possibilities. But the flash issue must be solved. Otherwise it will not be practical use this mode for macro photography.

ISO: 400
Exposure: 1/90 sec
Aperture: 13.0
Focal Length: 75mm
Flash Used: Yes

12-18-2010, 07:24 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, I've done that since and I can only add to that is if the one who coded that function can really disable the first contact t just like in the twelve seconds timer (would be nice if they could enable the flash only at the end of the 2second timer). cheers

Last edited by buaobao; 12-20-2010 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Edit explanation