Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 32 Likes Search this Thread
01-07-2011, 06:42 AM   #436
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PhilippeG Quote
@Zugzwang: so they advise you to go learn proper photography or buy a better lens, and don't admit there may be a real issue. Wow, hard to believe!
I think their answer was perfectly reasonable. 90% of the camera complaints that show up on these boards are due to the factors listed in the email. How can they know the skill level of the writer? They finished the email with:

If you have followed all of the precautions above and are still concerned that the camera is not performing as it should, I recommend that you send us test photos for review.

This is what they need, a series of photos taken on a tripod at wide aperture, showing the focus issue. Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

My personal thanks to all of you early adopters. I sure hope this gets resolved.

01-07-2011, 07:14 AM   #437
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Light coloured things are light because they reflect more light. Dark coloured things reflect less light. Hence something dark in front of the camera will cause the AF light to activate sooner than a light coloured object.

This also is why we see noise in shadows but not bright areas.
Exactly. As stated earlier there should be a menu option to force the assist to come on. Granted it's no use for distant objects, but I find the issue occurs only with light colored objects within 1.5 meters or so.
01-07-2011, 08:16 AM   #438
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Horst-Helmut Quote
[CENSORED]
sorry mate but in civilizide world we dont speek that way, we actually dont think that way, and among even low educated peopple such kind of rasistic remarks were always refused with disgust.....

Last edited by jolepp; 01-07-2011 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Original post deleted, quote here removed
01-07-2011, 08:21 AM   #439

QuoteOriginally posted by filorp Quote
sorry mate but in civilizide world we dont speek that way, we actually dont think that way, and among even low educated peopple such kind of rasistic remarks were always refused with disgust.....
Well that wasn't meant to be a racist comment. My apologies if people were insulted.

01-07-2011, 08:26 AM   #440
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by fccwpe Quote
Exactly. As stated earlier there should be a menu option to force the assist to come on. Granted it's no use for distant objects, but I find the issue occurs only with light colored objects within 1.5 meters or so.
we wouldn't need it for distance object,as the increase in DOF will mask it...at a 40mm DOF i see the issue..at 90 mm DOF it goes away..so we are only missing it by a gnats cock..these two DOF measurements are at 50mm FL and 2.8 and 5.6 respectably

at FA 77 F1.8 at 3 metres { lets say the throw of the FAL} will have a DOF of 110mm plenty to mask the error..

so mate you have cracked it..all thats needed is the FAL to come on earlier..problem sorted...

the problem might be a issue if trying to focus a 200 mm at 4 metres as DOF is only 40mm, so in that case if outside the FAL youd need to stop down to ge the shot..F4 should do it
01-07-2011, 08:34 AM   #441
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This one is done!
closed
Closed Thread