Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-28-2010, 07:16 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by docdave Quote
I recently returned my K5 to AMAZON because of stain issues. My serial # was 3890279. I want to replace the camera as soon as I can, but I don't want to be saddled with another stained sensor. Will someone make a global statement when the stock has been refreshed with clean units?

Thanks!

DAVE
As far as I know all stocks are checked and sold as without stains... Still they appear. Best explanation I can think of is that when people send their stained bodies in, they are stocked somewhere to have them repaired at a later date. Now, when a new body is ordered someone has to pick up a box and ship it. With this Christmas and new years Frenzy, there is a good chance that once in a while someone ships a box from the wrong (= affected) pile of cameras. This could happen at the official Pentax rep but also at the store... Very Human error.

By the way, I think that an affected K-5 outperfoms even the best K-7..

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, k-5, k-5 ii, k-5 iis, k5, pentax k-5