Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-22-2010, 07:51 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Being the same body as the k-7 is awesome.... Not having to wait for the SR is superb, and being able to use iso12800 easier than iso 3200 with the k-7 for available light shots 5X7 prints will open up many doors (can easily boost exposure even for iso 12800 shots without introducing unwanted noise artifactcs for 5X9 prints)

This is just from testing done over a few hours.....yet to really evaluate the AF and DR advantages.

Only frustration so far is the tungsten light FF

Last edited by pcarfan; 12-22-2010 at 08:13 PM.
12-22-2010, 09:14 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rick Clark Quote
Well watts the feeling of the new flagship of Pentax K5?
Well for starts, my K5 has none of the issues that have plagued a few people.
No string of pearls, no stuttering control wheels, no tungsten light AF problems.

High ISO shooting is fun. I was never happy turning the ISO past 640 on previous Pentaxes.
The camera is really responsive. 7fps doesn't just mean you can take a lot of pictures quickly, it also means the camera reacts faster, with shorter mirror black out times.
The menu system has been improved again, there is a little bit of button customization possible, there are lots of really nice little touches with the menus for customizing most every aspect of the way the camera captures images.
It's also very comfortable to hold and to use. It has excellent ergonomics.
It takes very sharp pictures.
12-22-2010, 09:47 PM   #18
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
The good things about the K-5.... that's a long list! I'll start with overall IQ, so, here are some pics that I think showcase the K-5's brilliance.

The image was taken with a DA* 50-135, and seen here unretouched save for white balance. The second picture is a 100% crop. It was a studio shot, and I just hooked up a Pocket Wizard to the hotshoe, and shot manual. It was such a pleasure to use the camera, just amazing!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
12-22-2010, 10:58 PM   #19
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
edit: Found them: Much busier than yours, both rods and dots. Taken with a K20D and Tamron 28-75. And it wasn't lights but light reflected off shiny balls. But similar to yours in that it was completely un focused and the patterns show only on the specular highlights. Particulars: 1/1000 sec, f/2.8 ISO 200.

NaCl(the rayed halos seen in the viewfinder were much more interesting)H2O
Well that's certainly a lot scarier looking than what I show and I can see how the patterns repeat. Since this isn't a shot I take very often, I'm not going to worry about it and certainly am not going 4-6 weeks without my camera while it's in for repair (unless something REALLY goes wrong with it). So far, So great.

12-23-2010, 12:15 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by neurocyclist Quote
The good things about the K-5.... that's a long list! I'll start with overall IQ, so, here are some pics that I think showcase the K-5's brilliance.

The image was taken with a DA* 50-135, and seen here unretouched save for white balance. The second picture is a 100% crop. It was a studio shot, and I just hooked up a Pocket Wizard to the hotshoe, and shot manual. It was such a pleasure to use the camera, just amazing!

Great shot... sharp as

cheers

Neil
12-23-2010, 02:44 AM   #21
Inactive Account

Jalustan käyttö on A ja O kaikessa kuvauksessa, Käsivaralta otetut kuvat eroaa , kun yö ja päivä. Jo 60v kuvausta harrastaneena on nähnyt kokenut ja kuullut nämä asia Miljoonia kertoja. Liian paljon pilataan materiaalia eli kuvia halvoilla laitteilla tai käsivaralta otettuna. Tämä ei ole arvostelu vain se käsitys mitä minulla on. Meinaan olen itsekkin sortunut tähän tuhansia kertoja. Alkuperäisen kuvan täytyy olla selkeä, sävykäs ja terävä, silti sitä voi jälkenäin muokata tarpeen mukaan.