Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-30-2010, 12:15 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeW Quote
The password is a bit of a drag. I renamed the file with the password as part of the filename when I got the K20D book. You can't forget it that way.
Mike, that's a great idea.

12-30-2010, 07:25 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by k10dbook Quote
Mike, that's a great idea.
<smacks forehead> DANGIT!!! I just had to email Yvon because I lost the password to my K10D eBook (I bought the dead tree version as well).
12-30-2010, 09:29 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Mr. Bourque,

I have purchased your books for the K20D and the K-x. I find them informative despite some typos. I also see that you are dedicated to Pentax and really not looking for profit but, rather looking to help expand the knowledge of the camera owner in an effort to help them explore photography in a more informed manner.

I compliment you and appreciate your efforts. I am buying your K-5 book immediately.

Thank you.
12-31-2010, 12:07 PM   #19

Better than the owner's manual

QuoteOriginally posted by PALADIN85020 Quote
Better than the owner's manual
I'm not sure that that's saying a lot. I'm not a huge reader of the manual but checked mine today to see what class of SD card was recommended for video recording. The best it could come up with was: "Use a high-speed memory card when recording movies." That much I could work out myself.

12-31-2010, 01:16 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Does the book give any suggestions of what settings to use or just explain what each thing does?
12-31-2010, 02:40 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

FI Gulfer,

The book does give many suggestions on how to use the camera. The OEM Manual shows "what", the e-book shows what, why, when, how and gives examples.

Johnp2,

The technology is moving fast and I think that this is why the Pentax Manual does not elaborate on which memory card to use. However, I will right here on this site. Class 10 SDHC cards are now available. That's the current fastest SDHC cards. I prefer Sandisk "Extreme" series and I use 16 GB cards. They make a 32 GB, but the problem is that if the card gets corrupted, you could lose a lot of information. It's better to save files on your computer as often as possible.
05-21-2011, 09:00 AM   #22

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeW Quote
The password is a bit of a drag. I renamed the file with the password as part of the filename when I got the K20D book. You can't forget it that way.
A very good idea. I forgot my password. If Yvon could PM me, your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

05-21-2011, 10:34 AM   #23

I bought the book and enjoyed it. Easy to read and a more in depth reference than the owner's manual.

I thought chapter 3, on processing in-camera, was especially useful. The short explanation of the HDR in the addendum was also helpful, but could have included more detailed advice I thought. It has a typo "HRD" on that page.

I would have put some quotes here, but the pdf file is set so that no text can be copied to the clipboard. Probably another security measure.
05-22-2011, 04:15 AM   #24

I'm a bit of a English language nazi.

In the intro, did you actually mean that Pentax had a nonsense approach with the K5 having the same body as the K7?
05-22-2011, 07:53 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MrPetkus Quote
I downloaded the book and there are no watermarks. Some useful information is provided and I'm happy to support his work.
Same here.
05-22-2011, 08:20 AM   #26

Are there any news about the K-r version? I am dying to have a copy.
05-24-2011, 04:39 PM   #27

QuoteQuote:
Are there any news about the K-r version? I am dying to have a copy.
I haven't checked lately, but I bought a copy of the K-x manual when I bought my K-r, and it's a great resource. The two cameras aren't really all that different that you can't apply the information to your K-r. It's an informative read!
05-25-2011, 08:36 AM   #28
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by k10dbook Quote
FI Gulfer,

The book does give many suggestions on how to use the camera. The OEM Manual shows "what", the e-book shows what, why, when, how and gives examples.

Johnp2,

The technology is moving fast and I think that this is why the Pentax Manual does not elaborate on which memory card to use. However, I will right here on this site. Class 10 SDHC cards are now available. That's the current fastest SDHC cards. I prefer Sandisk "Extreme" series and I use 16 GB cards. They make a 32 GB, but the problem is that if the card gets corrupted, you could lose a lot of information. It's better to save files on your computer as often as possible.
I appreciate your efforts. The 375 page OEM manual is both overwhelming and underwhelming. Overwhelming in that it's 375 pages and underwhelming in that it assumes that you have a PhD in 'image engineering' and provides no hint of why one might ever want to change a setting.
05-25-2011, 08:45 AM   #29
Inactive Account

I have the book also, When I bought my Kx, I purchased that book, and as soon as my K5 arrived, it was a no brainer to get this one also. He makes it real simple to get to the menues, and is well worth the price!
05-25-2011, 09:57 AM   #30

QuoteOriginally posted by Francis Quote
I'm a bit of a English language nazi.

In the intro, did you actually mean that Pentax had a nonsense approach with the K5 having the same body as the K7?
Identifying yourself as any type of "Nazi" and the asking a Frenchman a question is probably not the best way to get an answer.