Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-28-2010, 10:04 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:
I think Nikon knows that the K5 is a pretty serious threat.
But... Tardintheimage on BoobTube said the Nikon was a clear winner - 11,647 to 11,642.

12-28-2010, 10:21 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Or so! Just because it gets better when you travel east from the center of the universe doesn't mean it can't get better going the other way as well.
ROFL! I yield!
12-28-2010, 11:57 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have to agree with topic starter on this one, and is no coincidence that on first Christmans day i found all my (Nikon and Canon user) friends in one place, burning their cameras and lenses while crying with a picture of K-5 in front. As for market share and profit, Hoya (Pentax) would make more money if they were to make only WR bodies for most of Nikon and/or Canon cameras.
K-5 is in line with competition from what i read (k-x is enough for me) but this alone does not make people to change brand. Guess what happends when Canikon user go to store to try K-5?
a) the seller tell him that Pentax is going out of businness
b) they have body with kit lenses only
c) they have body and a wide choice of limiteds and * lenses, flashes, accesories etc.
Guess what happends when they go and try D7000, 60D or whatever?
12-29-2010, 12:20 AM   #19
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Some nice fantasies here...but Nikon and Canon have little to worry about. Their marketing has their products in all the right places, as noted. I just enjoy my Pentax gear and don't worry about what others shoot with, but the K5 is no doubt going to give us some respect among the competition.....providing Hoya can work out these nasty bugs that have plagued the K5 in some cases. In a K5 fully operating in all aspects as claimed, there is all the camera most anyone could desire. There is a place in the market for Pentax, but they have to depend on their base to realize that spot, and they need to do better at communications than what they have done so far. Just some reassuring words followed by results is good enough for most all of us, isn't it?
Best Regards!

12-29-2010, 12:35 AM   #20

I wish... oh how I wish. But the fact of the matter is, Pentax is almost unknown name. Google "best camera brands" and Ill give you a fake dollar if you find a post in the first page that even mentions pentax.

Unfortunately we can only hope that this is a sign that pentax is here to stay. I get why people focus on market share and name recognition; but for me personally I dont care. As long as pentax continues to bring great cameras like the k5 to the table. Ill stick with the brand.
12-29-2010, 03:37 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Gimme gimme gime....

QuoteOriginally posted by PixleFish Quote
I wish... oh how I wish. But the fact of the matter is, Pentax is almost unknown name. Google "best camera brands" and Ill give you a fake dollar if you find a post in the first page that even mentions pentax.
I found it!!! on the last search result of page 1:
www.buzzle.com: best camera brandl

QuoteQuote:
These are just some of the best camera brands (2010). There are many others such as Panasonic with its Lumix brand, Casio with Exilim brand, Kodak, Pentax, Samsung, etc. It is really difficult to clearly explain which brand may suit you well as the features, functions, and price may differ from brand to brand.
A very sound last sentence tow hich everybody had to agree. Eeven a Canon or Nikon can be the best camera for certain purposes

Mind you, it was not until the 6th search result that something else than P&S was mentioned.