Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2011, 07:39 AM   #16

Jörgen,
Exactly the same behaviour here as you describe it..! Also if the battery is mounted in the handgrip...

The camera should also switch automatically to the second battery but does NOT...since it does not seem depleted at power-on yet..

regards,

01-17-2011, 12:01 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by xGene Quote
Format?
Would you mind describing the process? Are you referring to the action of fully charging before use?

Gene
Sorry, the wrong word, it should be 'calibrating', see the attachment.
I just wonder if this would help with a camera's battery...

Last edited by philippe; 08-19-2011 at 12:08 PM.
01-17-2011, 04:14 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Frogfish Quote
Pretty much what Rupert said. Pentax need to take a leaf out of Sony's book in regard to accurate reporting of battery levels. With both the K7 & the K5 I've found that the battery reads full ... until it's practically empty !
Yes I found this.
01-22-2011, 06:56 PM   #19

I have the same issue - battery fully charged, battery grip mounted with fully charged eneloops but as soon as you turn on LV or video, the indicator drops to red and shows "battery depleted" soon after. Annoying...

Rgds
Snier

01-23-2011, 04:43 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi Joergen
Have a look at this thread K5 generic battery
Even though it deals with third party batteries it is relevant to this problem. In similar threads here I have argued the point that even Brand name batteries (that are much more expensive) are often made by the same manufacturer in China and can display the same shortcomings known to generic batteries. In my Motorola mobile phone for example I run the original Motorola branded battery and a generic battery (bought on e-bay.) Both batteries are made in China.
When I run Sat-Nav on the phone where the power requirement is heavy on the battery the original Motorola battery displays the same characteristic as your Camera Battery, namely it collapses after a while and when I turn the phone off for a minute or so it comes up as full again. The generic battery does not have the same problem.
I really do think that your problem is battery related more than anything else. (I could be wrong though as I have no way of testing it.)
Greetings