Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
01-26-2011, 12:20 PM   #31
Inactive Account

Ei se itse hopea väri huononna kameraa, kun vain luonto kuvaajien kohdalla. Mutta itselläni on viellä muistissa se aika, kun halvemmat kamerat olivat aina hopean värisiä.

01-26-2011, 02:19 PM   #32

QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
A repost.....

K10d - released Sept 06
K10d Grand Prix - released June 07
K20d - released Jan 08
K20d Titan - released Mar 09
K-7 - released May 09
K-7 Silver - released Mar 10
K-5 - Oct 10
K-5 ?? - Aug 11? Probably not another Super, perhaps a SE

The pictures say "limited"....which if it's the same as the last few limited edition cameras, it will only be available in Japan. But what is curious, why would a Europe site post a Limited pic unless it was released beyond Japan?
I don´t think is a "limited" edition... did you realized that the focusing screen is a standard one, instead of the "limited" focusing screen that the silver k7 had?
I think maybe Pentax is making just a different K-5, for the people who like the silver versions.... we will see what the future brings...
01-28-2011, 06:23 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Will be a regular body,comming soon
01-28-2011, 11:36 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by zackspeed Quote
Will be a regular body,comming soon

I cannot say that is shocking considering the only differnces before were the focusing screen (which the picture doesn't feature) and the glass screen (now standard); perhaps Pentax has taken note of how well it's colors idea worked on the lower end and is now testing the waters for color options on the higher end (before reserved only for limited editions). I'm still not holding my breath about seeing these in the USA.

Do you know if it will be Japan only (like, say, most of the K-x colors) or if it will see a broader release (Europe, USA, etc.)

01-28-2011, 11:38 PM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oh, I so hope it's released in the U.S., not a limited edition and comes just in time for my tax refund to get here... please please please Pentax!
01-29-2011, 05:06 AM   #36
Inactive Account

Lelukaupan hyllyssä on vaikka minkä väristä tikku nekkua. Mutta kamera pitää olla musta ja kennoltaan tahraton. Muuten K-5 on parasta hunajaa.
01-29-2011, 04:16 PM   #37
Veteran Member

macTak,read my information above

01-29-2011, 05:00 PM   #38

i like the look. Does anyone know if the silver color is painted on that can be chipped off?
01-29-2011, 11:14 PM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mrbrightside Quote
i like the look. Does anyone know if the silver color is painted on that can be chipped off?
I recall that on the K-7 Limited Silver it was a paint/coating, not bare metal (Pentax please make the next limited edition the K-5 Bare Mg), so I'd expect the same here. I have no idea how durable the silver is compared to the normal black, but at least if the silver chipped off the base metal is somewhat close in color, unlike with the standard black K-5.
01-30-2011, 12:35 AM   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by milarmon Quote
I don´t think is a "limited" edition... did you realized that the focusing screen is a standard one, instead of the "limited" focusing screen that the silver k7 had?
I think maybe Pentax is making just a different K-5, for the people who like the silver versions.... we will see what the future brings...
QuoteOriginally posted by macTak Quote
I recall that on the K-7 Limited Silver it was a paint/coating, not bare metal (Pentax please make the next limited edition the K-5 Bare Mg), so I'd expect the same here. I have no idea how durable the silver is compared to the normal black, but at least if the silver chipped off the base metal is somewhat close in color, unlike with the standard black K-5.
I hope you're right. The Silver outside of Japan would be a smart move. I've owned (and sold to fellow forum members) the Titan, the Silver and the Olive. The Titan and the Olive had a standard focus screen. No recent limited has been available outside of Japan. During the film era, it wasn't so hard to but a limited....

The silvers/browns/greens are on plastic...but so is the regular black.
02-02-2011, 07:40 AM   #41
Banned

Just ordered my Silver K-5, it's coming in march!!!

According to my store in The Netherlands.
02-02-2011, 11:26 AM   #42
S_V
Inactive Account

Цена к-5 серебро на сколько выше к-5 стандарт?
02-02-2011, 11:31 AM - 1 Like   #43
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm still waiting for the K-5 to come out in "Lemon" Yellow. Seriously, once the plethora of faults are resolved via the 3rd or 4th production run, I'm jumping on the bandwagon and buying me one of those suckas. Got me $1,300 stashed away on Paypal, just waiting...waiting...waiting... Nope, I won't be sending it back two or three times like my friends. Nope, just waiting...waiting...waiting. Heck, they can even rename the sucka "The Lemon." Doesn't matter, so long as it works. A fair trade for my $1,300, don't you think?
02-02-2011, 11:38 AM - 1 Like   #44

QuoteOriginally posted by donallison13 Quote
I'm still waiting for the K-5 to come out in "Lemon" Yellow. Seriously, once the plethora of faults are resolved via the 3rd or 4th production run, I'm jumping on the bandwagon and buying me one of those suckas. Got me $1,300 stashed away on Paypal, just waiting...waiting...waiting... Nope, I won't be sending it back two or three times like my friends. Nope, just waiting...waiting...waiting. Heck, they can even rename the sucka "The Lemon." Doesn't matter, so long as it works. A fair trade for my $1,300, don't you think?
Sorry, to me it looks like you're just trolling for a reaction now. You started your "Lemon" thread, fine, free speech and all, but appearing in every K5 thread with the same tired line is getting lame, IMO.
02-02-2011, 11:39 AM   #45

QuoteOriginally posted by donallison13 Quote
Doesn't matter, so long as it works. A fair trade for my $1,300, don't you think?
yes, absolutely!

-raph