Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-22-2011, 05:56 AM   #1

K-5 body problem - can't turn it on

Hello everyone,

I bought K-5 three days ago, took 140 pictures so far - everything was great, K-5 was working perfect until today. I went out to take some photos today (finally found some time for that) and when I came to the location I was able to take one photo, after which the K-5 has turned off and so far I haven't managed to turn it back on.

The battery was full (original K-5 battery), I've already tried with another one (also full original battery), I've tried connecting the camera to the PC ... and nothing. Off - on switch - no response, all screens black, buttons - nothing, sound - nothing, ...

If someone happens to have an idea what could be the problem/solution I would be grateful for your help. If not - I'm taking it back to the shop next week.

01-22-2011, 06:31 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Mine is remarkably unresponsive without the SD card so taking that out and reinserting it or maybe even trying a different card would seem like worth trying before taking the thing back to shop.
01-22-2011, 06:36 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jolepp Quote
Mine is remarkably unresponsive without the SD card so taking that out and reinserting it or maybe even trying a different card would seem like worth trying before taking the thing back to shop.
Already tried that
01-22-2011, 07:02 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Mine did this twice, only way to solve the problem was to remove the battery... But as you already tried another battery, I don't have any other idea... Try leaving it without battery for some time...

01-22-2011, 07:11 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by njofrazg Quote
Already tried that
Sounds like returning it is the thing to do then .
01-22-2011, 08:31 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Other than making sure the card door is fully closed, I can't really think of why it would be doing what it's doing
01-22-2011, 09:01 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dlacouture Quote
Try leaving it without battery for some time...
Tried, nothing

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Other than making sure the card door is fully closed, I can't really think of why it would be doing what it's doing
I've tried with 3 different cards, without card, ... and nothing, not even a slightest sign of life. Bad luck for me. And I was really looking forward to the K-7 to K-5 upgrade.

01-22-2011, 01:02 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Tried, nothing

I've tried with 3 different cards, without card, ... and nothing, not even a slightest sign of life. Bad luck for me. And I was really looking forward to the K-7 to K-5 upgrade.
Does not sound good.

does it show any signs of power?
01-22-2011, 01:37 PM   #9
Inactive Account

Staattinen sähkö häiriö. Jos peili jumittuu vaikka poistaa akun on se takuuhuollon paikka, muuten ei. Samoja vikoja on ollut Nikon ja Canon. käyttäjän käsikirjassa on tästä maininta.
01-22-2011, 02:53 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter

Tried, nothing

Just get it replaced when you are able to. Failures of this particular type seem pretty rare.
01-22-2011, 03:38 PM   #11

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 30v iPentax Quote
Staattinen sähkö häiriö. Jos peili jumittuu vaikka poistaa akun on se takuuhuollon paikka, muuten ei. Samoja vikoja on ollut Nikon ja Canon. käyttäjän käsikirjassa on tästä maininta.
Thanks but I already knew that. The first thing I tried was taking out the battery and putting it back again. I've done that about 50 times already. I'm taking the camera back next week.

QuoteQuote:
does it show any signs of power?
Nope, no signs of power, nothing at all.
01-22-2011, 05:58 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Thanks but I already knew that. The first thing I tried was taking out the battery and putting it back again. I've done that about 50 times already. I'm taking the camera back next week.

Nope, no signs of power, nothing at all.
Its a return job 4sure