Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-01-2011, 08:59 AM   #16
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Usuqa Quote
To me it looks like there was extra work done on the backgrounds to smooth them out, but not on the birds. Maby this is what you are seeing?
If you mean sharpening in PP, no, i don't think it's that; it looks more like when there's no perfect aligning in HDR. It is noticeable on the second picture, just above the beak, a ghost beak. When you know what to look for, you can see it also on the other pics.

02-01-2011, 09:04 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by aheadfordinci Quote
If you mean sharpening in PP, no, i don't think it's that; it looks more like when there's no perfect aligning in HDR. It is noticeable on the second picture, just above the beak, a ghost beak. When you know what to look for, you can see it also on the other pics.
I wasn't on about PP sharpening, but there looks to be -sharpening/clarity or blur applied to the non subject area's.. i can spot a few area's of the out of focus areas next to the subject that don't have this applied and you can see some noise there while in the parts that have had this done are silky smooth. This is what could be causeing the ghosting.. If the way it was blurred was through a blur layer and then masked from the main subject. The blur from the subject would be present in the PP blurred area's close to the subject.

Very nice pictures tho

QuoteOriginally posted by noons Quote
Fantastic wedding shot Usuga.
If I was a guest, and not the groom in my up and coming wedding, I'd be totally excited about taking pics with my K-5... but alas... grooms aren't allowed to have a camera on the day
I managed to take my camera to mine!! Just in September there.. but really apart from the group shot, and some of the bride (my wife).. thats all the photos we had.

I was under strict orders to not play around with it :P

The wedding shot above is part of a set i shot for a friend

Last edited by Usuqa; 02-01-2011 at 09:44 AM.
02-02-2011, 04:06 AM   #18
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Ahhh ok, The bad spots above the bill are from my processing. I generally process 10-20 birds from a shoot. And you are right. The birds have not been touched but some of the background has been denoised. Even at ISO 800-1250, Cropping heavily showes some noise in the background. All shot with the Sigma 300mm prime.

That wedding shot is reet. I still cannot believe the power of the K-5. Just awsome to me.

Great Hobby: Flickr: gary1844's Photostream
02-02-2011, 01:06 PM   #19
Forum Member

I'm just browsing through your flickr stream, your birds captures are great!