Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2011, 03:09 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Goodwebu.com Guinnea Pig

Hey guys,
Saw your thread while searching for more info about goodwebu.com. I've ordered a laptop through them & will post the status in 7-10 days. As they use PayPal, I too, hope they're legit.
After ordering on their site, got the email from PayPal about the bill received. I didn't follow the email's link, rather just opened a new tab and went to the Paypal website & logged in (didn't want to chance a phish scam.) The bill was there so I paid it. Paypal has awesome buyer's protection, so if anything goes wrong, I should get the $ refunded.
If they are legit, I'll definitely be buying a good bit of stuff through them. They list great prices.

Here's to keeping fingers crossed...

-Pat

02-07-2011, 03:14 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Oh, and Bizrate.com has them listed, but no info yet. (Click Here) If you guy's orders turn out ok, please go there & give them + feedback.

-Pat
02-07-2011, 06:16 PM   #18
Forum Member

yeah please keep us informed.... prices are too good, im very skeptical. Hope to hear good things!
02-07-2011, 06:54 PM   #19
Inactive Account

I still have not heard anything from them since I ordered on the 1st. This is a bad way to do business if they are legit. When someone spends $1700 on a tv you would expect some followup correspondence. I thought for sure when I filed a claim through Paypal that I would have received a response. I'm not worried about the money since the purchase was through Paypal using an American Express card. You can never be too careful. I sincerely hope that they come through and I could throw some more business their way. It seems to me that they could make more money legitimately rather than trying to steal from people. I bet that almost everybody who comes across their site does some research before doing business with them. I did, but did not find anything good or bad about them after a couple of hours. When you type goodwebu in any search engine this site comes up. I hope I am helping everyone out by posting to this forum, but I am also hoping to help goodwebu if they are for real. If I get my tv and it's exactly what I ordered I will buy from them again.

02-07-2011, 07:31 PM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by crossover37 Quote
Their address is a private home in a town north of Houston. The house is owned by a person named Alice D Gresham. Sounds fishy.

Jeff
02-08-2011, 09:17 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Don't know if this helps?

Registrant:
shi jian
beijingshi chaoyangqu
beijing
beijing, beijing 100021
China

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (Domain Names, Web Hosting and SSL Certificates - Go Daddy)
Domain Name: GOODWEBU.COM
Created on: 11-Jan-11
Expires on: 11-Jan-12
Last Updated on: 13-Jan-11

Administrative Contact:
jian, shi christmas61@hotmail.com
beijingshi chaoyangqu
beijing
beijing, beijing 100021
China
+86.15830704007

Technical Contact:
jian, shi christmas61@hotmail.com
beijingshi chaoyangqu
beijing
beijing, beijing 100021
China
+86.15830704007

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.DREAMHOST.COM
NS2.DREAMHOST.COM

Registry Status: clientDeleteProhibited
Registry Status: clientRenewProhibited
Registry Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registry Status: clientUpdateProhibited
02-08-2011, 10:06 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
My rules of thumb for significant purchases (gaffers' tape doesn't count):

* Resellerratings.com. I'll let someone else take a chance on a USD $750 camcorder or $1,500 DSLR. I can afford those purchases. I cannot afford to take a large chance (on the money, warranty, packaging dispute, ship-the-wrong-item dispute, missing items dispute, etc. I'll wait for a rep to build. And yes, I know. If everyone did that ...... I'm rather risk averse. Others are not. Personal choice.

* No phone number, no sale. Mostly. Can't think of an exception. Perhaps Amazon itself? The Amazon Marketplace, OTOH, is a scary land.

* I will first call the numbers listed if the vendor does not have an established rep.

* If it's too good to be true .......

YMMV, of course.
Agree with all that. I don't shop the Amazon Marketplace unless it's a vendor where the order is actually fulfilled by Amazon for the vendor. Oh, and Amazon does have a number, but it's tricky to find. You just go to the Help section, type in "Contact Amazon", then on the next page there's a "Contact Us" button on the far right. What they'll do is have you enter your issue and phone number, and once you click the submit button, they'll call you! It'as actually pretty cool as there's no wait time at all.

02-09-2011, 07:00 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

They seem to have some great deals, and a few I'd like. But I think I'm going to sit back and see what happens with the orders some of you have placed.
02-10-2011, 08:53 PM   #24
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Spad Quote
I still have not heard anything from them since I ordered on the 1st. This is a bad way to do business if they are legit. When someone spends $1700 on a tv you would expect some followup correspondence. I thought for sure when I filed a claim through Paypal that I would have received a response. I'm not worried about the money since the purchase was through Paypal using an American Express card. You can never be too careful. I sincerely hope that they come through and I could throw some more business their way. It seems to me that they could make more money legitimately rather than trying to steal from people. I bet that almost everybody who comes across their site does some research before doing business with them. I did, but did not find anything good or bad about them after a couple of hours. When you type goodwebu in any search engine this site comes up. I hope I am helping everyone out by posting to this forum, but I am also hoping to help goodwebu if they are for real. If I get my tv and it's exactly what I ordered I will buy from them again.
I hope we get an update soon, I was looking at TV and Laptop thinking sounds too good to be true.......but I guess there are some guinea pigs already trying so let us know guys. Thanks
02-10-2011, 11:17 PM   #25
Inactive Account

More threads on Goodwebu.com

Hey all,

There's another thread on the paypal site I started for Goodwebu.com also. Here's the link:

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Fraud-phishing-and-spoof/Goodwebu-com-Le...se/td-p/191330

Just initiated "resolution" with Paypal & will keep that thread up to date on the status. If they're legit, it should spur them into action... hopefully. If not, I'm relying on PayPal. They haven't let me down yet.

Cheers.
02-11-2011, 12:03 PM   #26
Inactive Account

My Mother just ordered the Pentax K-x (red) from the web site I have been telling her how I have been looking to go digital with Pentax and then she found it for only 350ish I was amazed but now hearing your stories I guess I will wait to see if she really gets it or not. Or if any of you get your stuff or not, it has taken me this long to talk my wife into letting me spend 500 dollars to upgrade from the K1000 to a DSLR so I think I might wait to see if this place is legit first. Please keep us updated.
02-12-2011, 10:44 AM   #27
Inactive Account

Goodwebu.com Refunded My $$$

Good morning all,
Thankfully (and surprisingly) I've received a refund from Goodwebu.com. I fully expected to have to go through the whole process of waiting and then escalating my complaint to a claim, but had the Paypal verification message in my in box this morning. Now I feel kind of bummed the deal didn't go through, but on the other hand, very relieved to have gotten my money back. Their website just has too many things wrong w/ it for me to trust them enough to order again.

Thanks to everyone for posting here and following this issue with me. PayPal comes through again!!!

-AegisFCCS
02-12-2011, 05:59 PM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm glad you got a refund, but like you I'm kind of disappointed. I was hoping your item would come through so the rest of us could order...