Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2011, 08:43 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
To those complaining about K-5, how about a letter campaign.

How many of you that have serious concerns have expressed these directly to Pentax? If it is like other issues, probably not many.

I think it is time we organized the energy here being devoted to the complaining about the K-5 and attacking fellow PF members and convert it to a letter writing (e-mail) campaign. Letters get more attention I think, not so easy to delete. Maybe they'll actually respond with some information.

Using a template would probably cause them to be ignored, but we should probably touch on the following points.

Thanks for addressing the sensor issue, acknowledgment of the problem and a plan to fix it were very well received by the loyal users.

There are however 3 additional issues that are being reported on that we'd like you to address.

1) Front focus in low levels of tungsten light

2) flash overexposure when using hotshoe mounted flash

3) I can't remember the third at the moment

But you get my point.

Let's focus the energy on where it might have a chance of doing some good. and by th4e way, thoughtful, well worded and properly written letters go a lot farther in a company than ranting complaints. Just sayin'

02-16-2011, 08:52 PM   #2
Veteran Member

My only complaint with my K-5 is the low light FF issue. I have contacted my supplier about the problem. He echoed the hearsay about the the forthcoming firmware fix.

if the FW fix doesn't arrive within 2 weeks is I shall make steps to get the camera replaced
02-16-2011, 09:13 PM   #3
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
President & Chief Executive Officer: Hiroshi Suzuki

Hoya

2-7-5 Naka-Ochiai
Shinjuku-ku
Tokyo, 161-8525
Japan