Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-26-2011, 11:08 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Question to those who purchased k-5 in another country

and had to return it and to others who really know:
How do you exchange K-5 with stains few months after purchase - via local Pentax representatives or via the country where the guarantee exists?
Details - i live in Israel but purchased K-5 via BH (USA) in December. Stains do appear with time since i did 3-days photo session of my walls and ceiling when stains issue blew and there was nothing at F32.
Now noticed it at F22, just barely. However since it develops with time - do not want to risk it. Really like K-5. Really do not trust local distributor. Really glad i did not sell K-X. Really hope it ends well.
Stains first noticed (cropped hard since it is not that noticeable for now) - top left.

Thank you for any help and/or tips. First time in this situation.

Last edited by fstdslrkx; 02-26-2011 at 11:10 AM. Reason: explanation added
02-26-2011, 11:17 AM - 1 Like   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Karat is the local distributer in israel.
I wrote them an email asking about the issue " I bought my K-5 in Tokyo" have international warranty. first they stated "we give service to stuff that was bought in our shop only". I asked " So you do not honor Pentax int warranty? " after few days they asked me to bring the camera to their dealer.
You can give me a call 057-7754150 8:00-19:00

Ofer
02-26-2011, 11:25 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Ofer, Toda raba!

This really helps. Will call them tomorrow.
Shuv, Todar raba ve shavua tov.
02-26-2011, 12:11 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

If you bought the international warranty from B&H, then your local distributor should cover it. If you didn't, then they have no real reason to, since it is a gray market camera.
So, if you don't have an international warranty, you will need to send it back to B&H, I suspect.

02-26-2011, 11:42 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Another Israeli chiming in. I got my K-5 few days ago. So far so good. Bought it off Karat directly (no mid-man shop involved). So it turns out I am not the only guy with K-5 on this block.

Please let us know how it came out, Ofer and fstdslrkx. I would be also very curious to know how Karat is dealing with K-5 issues.

Thanks.