Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-27-2011, 10:22 PM   #16
gtl
Veteran Member

I am holding back on getting a focusing screen ATM. Katzeye is a little to pricey for me. I considered the cheap ebay screen from seller jinfinance, but I am gonna wait to see if the next firmware revision for the K5 solves the FF problems. Focusing manually in lowlight with the stock screen and OME53 eyecup is proving very difficult, even for my 23 year old eyes.

02-27-2011, 10:30 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Christine Tham Quote
I don't have the new KatzEye Plus - i was comparing the focusingscree.com screen on K-5 with the KatzEye on my K10D.

Anyway, I just bought the KatzEye Plus with OptiBrite, so I am looking forward to receiving it.

I just checked - the first photo is DA21mm Ltd.

I agree that the A135mm/2.8 is not the world's best lens, but it has a lot of personality and character.

I find Canon lenses for example really sharp but lacking a bit in personality. The old Pentax lenses look softer and more flawed, but makes photos more interesting (just my opinion, of course). The DA Ltd lenses are sharp, but retain some of the Pentax "character" - at the end of the day I like alternating between shooting on modern lenses (with lens correction) and "old school" lenses (with no lens correction).
This is weird. I have the Katz-eye optibrite, and my friend's wife wanted to know why his Canon 50D viewfinder was not as brite as my K20 - didn't think about it till later but i'm convinced it was the optibrite - you'll like it.

Regards the A 135/f2.8, i have one of those and love it, easy to focus and wonderful shots.

Last edited by philbaum; 02-27-2011 at 10:40 PM.
02-27-2011, 10:40 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gtl Quote
I am holding back on getting a focusing screen ATM. Katzeye is a little to pricey for me. I considered the cheap ebay screen from seller jinfinance, but I am gonna wait to see if the next firmware revision for the K5 solves the FF problems. Focusing manually in lowlight with the stock screen and OME53 eyecup is proving very difficult, even for my 23 year old eyes.
LOL - well, my young padawan, just wait till you are in your late forties like me.

My eyesight started deteriorating when I turned 40. I used to to have perfect eyesight, now I have astigmatism and myopia and require both reading glasses as well as glasses to see long distance.

I told my father I felt really old, and he laughed and said "Just wait till you turn 60. You don't even know what feeling old means" (he's now 80).
02-27-2011, 11:49 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Simple answer, based on my experience ....NO!

02-28-2011, 01:41 AM - 1 Like   #20
Inactive Account

Taitaa olla enemmän leipureissa, kun leivässä vikaa.
02-28-2011, 03:38 PM   #21

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by 30v iPentax Quote
Taitaa olla enemmän leipureissa, kun leivässä vikaa.

Or as translated

"I think it's more bakers, bread, when the circulatory system. "
I'm going to guess that's a poor rendering of a Finnish maxim. I'm curious what exactly it means.

My bet it amounts to something akin to making a mountain out of a mole hill but I really don't know
02-28-2011, 04:16 PM   #22
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Christine Tham Quote
LOL - well, my young padawan, just wait till you are in your late forties like me.

My eyesight started deteriorating when I turned 40. I used to to have perfect eyesight, now I have astigmatism and myopia and require both reading glasses as well as glasses to see long distance.

I told my father I felt really old, and he laughed and said "Just wait till you turn 60. You don't even know what feeling old means" (he's now 80).
Does the K5 have an adjustable viewfinder dioptre (Canon did and my medium format camera do). It is usually an adjustable ring round where you put your eye. I found this really useful once I got to 40+ and needed reading glasses. At least I can see what's in the viewfinder clearly and know if I am in focus or not even if I have to put the reading glasses on to view the result on the back screen!

02-28-2011, 04:45 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Analog6 Quote
Does the K5 have an adjustable viewfinder dioptre
Yes all Pentax have that