Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2011, 03:32 AM   #1

K5 review Enticing Light

Review – Pentax K-5 | Enticing the Light

02-28-2011, 10:37 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Hyvä juttu luettu on.
03-01-2011, 10:36 AM   #3

Another very good professional review on a what I have found to be a very enjoyable camera.
03-01-2011, 05:49 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by 30v iPentax Quote
Unseen is a good thing.
This time I don't know what your original message meant, but I love how the automatic translation often transforms your posts. Taken out of context, they would sound like important words of wisdom
But keep posting anyway! We usually understand what you wanted to express in the end

End of the off-topic, back to the subject so yes good review, and nice to see sample pictures demonstrating the highlight and shadow headroom.

03-25-2011, 02:13 PM   #5
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
And from a long term Pentaxian and pro-shooter too.
03-25-2011, 03:34 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PhilippeG Quote
This time I don't know what your original message meant, but I love how the automatic translation often transforms your posts. Taken out of context, they would sound like important words of wisdom...
A rare wisdom that could be translated to "a good article, read it"

The translation system is crap to begin with. And it does not help that he posts random typos, non-correct forms of words and phrases and stuff. No offense.
03-25-2011, 04:21 PM   #7

Original Poster
Nipista nipista. Thats what my Finnish friends little sister used to say to us when I was 9 as she chased us around the playground pinching us. I originally thought that 30v i Pentax went to the Mika and Kimi school of elocution. Lol. Which espouses as its foundation principle the ability to express onself in two words or less. Looking at his recent posts though I am not sure anymore. Now the F1 season is upon I couldnt resist the comment. BTW Heikki never went to that school apparently.

03-25-2011, 04:24 PM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by PhilippeG Quote
This time I don't know what your original message meant, but I love how the automatic translation often transforms your posts. Taken out of context, they would sound like important words of wisdom
But keep posting anyway! We usually understand what you wanted to express in the end
English and Finnish ​​are very different languages from each other which makes translation to be a really hard task to automatic translators. For example in another thread automatic translator translated word "tilalle" to "farm" but the real meaning was "to replace".

I agree it is fun to read messages written by 30v iPentax. Clearly he or she is exited about Pentax cameras and have nice comments. "Hyvä juttu luettu on." means "a good article, I have read it"

Last edited by Jyrkira; 03-25-2011 at 04:31 PM.
03-26-2011, 08:53 AM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by Jyrkira Quote
English and Finnish ​​are very different languages from each other which makes translation to be a really hard task to automatic translators. For example in another thread automatic translator translated word "tilalle" to "farm" but the real meaning was "to replace".

I agree it is fun to read messages written by 30v iPentax. Clearly he or she is exited about Pentax cameras and have nice comments. "Hyvä juttu luettu on." means "a good article, I have read it"
Or * it's been a good reading*. But his original message is not in very common order of words to begin with. Kind of poetic or the way people talk and have a little play with words. Thus the more weird translations.
03-26-2011, 10:43 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Perhaps one of you guys could be his "posting buddy", and properly translate what he says. I'm pretty sure I've never understood a single one of his "translated" posts. I gotta say, though, some of them are entertaining and some are downright provocative.
03-26-2011, 11:36 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
I'm pretty sure I've never understood a single one of his "translated" posts. I gotta say, though, some of them are entertaining and some are downright provocative.
Yep, they're always thought-provoking--as in, "I wonder what that was about."