Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2011, 10:08 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
[langtitle=da]Pentax K-5 CMOS pletter/Stains[/langtitle]

My photo dealer in Germany - FotoKoch - says in an email answering my questions about the stain issue, that the stain issues have been solved. New cameras delivered are free of stains. Is this true?
(I'm expectng my K-5 to show up shortly).

Regards
Photodana/Jens

03-03-2011, 10:35 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Mine is stain free, build date 17th January 2011
03-03-2011, 10:45 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No new K-5's that come off the assembly line should have the problem.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-05-2011, 05:02 AM   #4
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
No new K-5's that come off the assembly line should have the problem.
is that true ?

In several threds there is people who got their replacement cameras and thoose was stained.
I would check my camera for stains even if i bought it one month ahead from now.

03-05-2011, 05:09 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Currently produced cameras are free of stains, but there definitely could still be some cameras in stores that have stains that were produced prior to the middle of December. Best to check to be sure.