Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
03-13-2011, 03:15 PM   #1
Banned

K-5 Silver Pre-Order Is Shipping From Adorama

I just got a notice that my K-5 Silver pre-order is shipping. It's a UPS tracking number, so I assume it'll be going out tomorrow (Monday). Adorama is one shipping-day away from me, which means I should have the K-5 Silver around Tuesday or so. Then maybe I can finally get rid of my avatar.

So the rest of you guys with pre-orders have something to look forward to!

03-13-2011, 03:38 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, the stock came in last week! Great news!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-13-2011, 04:13 PM   #3
Veteran Member

any word on B&H getting their stock?
03-13-2011, 04:15 PM   #4
Banned

Photos: Gallery
But for now, not anyone had a Silver in his hands?????????????

03-13-2011, 05:27 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
OMG, i am so jealous. That is one cool camera.
03-14-2011, 05:26 AM   #6
Adorama Camera Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by Hound Tooth Quote
I just got a notice that my K-5 Silver pre-order is shipping. It's a UPS tracking number, so I assume it'll be going out tomorrow (Monday). Adorama is one shipping-day away from me, which means I should have the K-5 Silver around Tuesday or so. Then maybe I can finally get rid of my avatar.

So the rest of you guys with pre-orders have something to look forward to!
03-14-2011, 06:35 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Yay! Got my tracking number from Adorama.

Side note:
I was in the only shop that I know of in the Washington DC area that carries new Pentax equipment (Ace Photo in Ashburn, VA) and they said they were getting in 20 K-5 Silver DSLRs. So if anybody in this area is looking to check one out, you should head out there. I think it's pretty certain it will cost more than ordering online from the big names... but if you like buying in-store and supporting a rare Pentax retailer, you now know where to go.

03-14-2011, 12:37 PM   #8
Forum Member

I just ordered one as well. He said they had a few in stock, but not very many. Looking forward to getting this. Moving back to DSLR's from m43. For some reason I just never "connected" with my e-p1.
03-14-2011, 03:22 PM   #9
Veteran Member

I think the silver definitely looks cool, but only with silver lenses, of which I have none. If I had deeper pockets I might put together a travel kit of one of these plus some silver limiteds.
03-14-2011, 03:34 PM   #10
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
I think the silver definitely looks cool, but only with silver lenses, of which I have none. If I had deeper pockets I might put together a travel kit of one of these plus some silver limiteds.
I think my silver Spotmatic looks just fine with black lenses on it. Not sure why it would be any different for a silver K-5.
03-14-2011, 03:38 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Hound Tooth Quote
I think my silver Spotmatic looks just fine with black lenses on it. Not sure why it would be any different for a silver K-5.
Different strokes....
03-14-2011, 03:46 PM   #12
Banned

Original Poster
I guess it's lucky for me I have all silver lenses, then
03-14-2011, 05:48 PM   #13
Forum Member

Well, this is my move into pentax so I'm starting from scratch and I expect to be using this camera for quite some time. I have the 43mm limited in silver on order. Hoping both the camera and lens arrive at the same time or it's going to drive me nuts having one, but not the other!
03-14-2011, 06:15 PM   #14

QuoteOriginally posted by sunny16 Quote
Yay! Got my tracking number from Adorama.

Side note:
I was in the only shop that I know of in the Washington DC area that carries new Pentax equipment (Ace Photo in Ashburn, VA) and they said they were getting in 20 K-5 Silver DSLRs. So if anybody in this area is looking to check one out, you should head out there. I think it's pretty certain it will cost more than ordering online from the big names... but if you like buying in-store and supporting a rare Pentax retailer, you now know where to go.
Ace Photo is great. I've used them prior.

If you ever need to try out Pentax equipment in the greater DC-MD-VA area, they are the place to go. They are often not much more than mail order in my experience, and carry most of Pentax's line. They usually have to hit their stockroom for it, but they have always had something I needed when I've stopped by.

When I picked up the DA* 200 f/2.8 in mid-2009, they were shocked and commented how they've never seen such a short 200mm at f/2.8. They let me try it on including going outside and shooting. I guess their staff doesn't sell as much Pentax as other items, but they've always been complementary towards the equipment when they've sold to myself.

Last edited by bjsmith; 03-14-2011 at 06:21 PM.
03-14-2011, 06:24 PM   #15

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul G Quote
I just ordered one as well. He said they had a few in stock, but not very many. Looking forward to getting this. Moving back to DSLR's from m43. For some reason I just never "connected" with my e-p1.
Interesting. A colleague of mine here at work talks up the Micro 4/3rds, and prefers EVIL. Any reasons you don't like it?

But after seeing the kind of quality I've shot with my K20D + DA* 200 f/2.8, he's getting increasingly interested, because Pentax bodies and APS-C sized lenses are hardly any bigger. If Pentax ever introduces an EVIL, I might try to talk him into switching.