Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-15-2011, 12:38 PM   #1

K-5 AF for Manual Lenses support

Hi, I've just got my brand new K-5 as a replacement for stained-one. So I started to setup all function as I had in old one.
So for this topic very interesting is option number 25 in custom menu Catch-in Focus.
When its on You have ability to have AF on manual
Just press deep shutter button and then start to focus manually when camera see it focus it make photo automatically. I had check it with all my manual lenses and its work quite good - sometimes you have to focus gently
Best regards

03-15-2011, 01:00 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A word of caution with this- the AF system does have some slight tolerance, so using the AF system for confirmation purposes rather than shooting right away would be a good idea.
03-15-2011, 01:15 PM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by PiotrKrochmal Quote
Hi, I've just got my brand new K-5 as a replacement for stained-one. So I started to setup all function as I had in old one.
So for this topic very interesting is option number 25 in custom menu Catch-in Focus.
When its on You have ability to have AF on manual
Just press deep shutter button and then start to focus manually when camera see it focus it make photo automatically. I had check it with all my manual lenses and its work quite good - sometimes you have to focus gently
Best regards
Even the old K10d could do this.
03-15-2011, 01:45 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You can even "Focus Bracket" if you put it in Continuous-Hi and turn the focus ring slowly. It will even work with M42 lenses, but for some you may have to short the pins with foil tape.

03-15-2011, 02:10 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
You can even "Focus Bracket" if you put it in Continuous-Hi and turn the focus ring slowly. It will even work with M42 lenses, but for some you may have to short the pins with foil tape.
And, it doesn't even have the 5 pics limitation the exposure bracket has! How great is that!
03-15-2011, 03:58 PM   #6

Original Poster
nice