Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-24-2011, 02:02 PM   #76

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I just opened the boxes for the lenses, and looked at the three lenses.

Both the DA21 and FA43 remind me of the Voigtlander and Leica M metal lenses. Nice solid feel. Sturdy. Definitely a quality product. The push/pull caps with felt lining definitely remind me of Voigtlander M lenses.

I don't like the hood on the FA43. Makes the lens much bigger. Too bad you can't use the cap w/o the hood (another similarity to some Voigtlander lenses).

Now the 100 macro WR. Wow. Slick. Sleek. Very very nice construction. Much bigger than either Ltd, but the construction is just as good. I'm surprised that it doesn't have a "star" or Ltd next to its name. Metal construction, about 2.5 inches long, but actually fairly light.

Overall, very good impressions of the build quality of the three lenses.

03-24-2011, 02:48 PM   #77
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by WerTicus Quote
The size of your lens is going to attract attention, therefor i recommend the small and light and reasonably long and fastish DA70mm

If you are going to shoot Squirrels, you need a big and long lens to make them feel important. Otherwise, they will feel like they are just like people, and therefore highly inferior beings......which will not get you a shot. I recommend the biggest lens you can carry, so does Festus Squirrel.
Regards!
Attachment 86857

BTW-I do not find the DA*50-135 too large for what it is at all, but I do find the IQ to be near prime. If there is anything better with its range, I wouldn't know what it might be, it is just superb.

Girls like it too!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Last edited by Rupert; 07-29-2015 at 06:59 AM.