Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2011, 10:49 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
Dammit please say you didn't install Canadian FW on your US bought K-5?

Now everything in the menu will end with - Eh?
QuoteOriginally posted by Quicksand Quote
That's totally unsatisfactory. I'm switching to Nikon.

. . .

Not really, my K-5 is being delivered today!
Quick,
good choice. I really like my K5, glad i waited for the problems to be sorted. The DR is incredible when one's processing the raw, so much better than the files i got from the K20.

best wishes,

04-16-2011, 12:00 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery
Mine is even better

My K-5, that is. I am so pleased with it: I keep finding new facilities. Today, while looking for a way to see the shutter count (I can't remember why), I discovered that there is an intervalometer. Hurrah!

Chris

Last edited by threeshoes; 04-16-2011 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Punctuation
04-19-2011, 12:56 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by threeshoes Quote
intervalometer
A whatsit?
04-19-2011, 05:48 PM   #19

Intervalometer is a doohickey that lets you do time lapse photos. Basically attaches to the remote port and triggers the shutter at predetermined interval and count. Or attach camera to pc and have software do remote shutter control. Cheapie units can be found on ebay for $10-$20 but having no wires and dangling accessories - priceless.

Feature is on Record menu page 2 - "Interval Shooting".

04-19-2011, 11:03 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LH_NY Quote
Intervalometer is a doohickey that lets you do time lapse photos. Basically attaches to the remote port and triggers the shutter at predetermined interval and count. Or attach camera to pc and have software do remote shutter control. Cheapie units can be found on ebay for $10-$20 but having no wires and dangling accessories - priceless.

Feature is on Record menu page 2 - "Interval Shooting".
Yeah, makes me wanna do some 5k time-lapse-videos, but I worry about shutter count. A one-shot-per-second timelapse would burn up the bulk of my "lifetime shutter releases" for this cam in one day! *sigh*.