Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2011, 10:41 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
So, it seems that the camara will have what it takes to deliver the required quality for professional image stock websites. Thank you all for the clarification.

Now I'm just going to log on and check if there is a shortage of Finnish bee hive images...

04-04-2011, 10:54 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gostwick Quote

Now I'm just going to log on and check if there is a shortage of Finnish bee hive images...
Damn i'm sure there is a big demand for them
04-04-2011, 10:55 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
What "sponsored Pentax Pros"???
well there is (or at least was - not sure if he still is) Benjikan

not really a stock guy though
04-04-2011, 11:03 AM   #19
Veteran Member

That list is actually pretty funny anyway (and is still listed as current on the public portion of Getty). Heck, a quarter of the cameras listed are discontinued models and half are outperformed by the K-7 not to mention the K-5.

If anyone actually gets into the inner sanctum please let us know if they have opened the list to any Pentax models.

Mike

p.s. Ben was not sponsored by BIG Pentax. He was sponsored by Pentax France and sadly he is no longer sponsored even by them.

p.p.s. Even the Pentaxians on www.pentaxian.com are, as far as I know, more "sanctioned" than "sponsored."

Last edited by MRRiley; 04-04-2011 at 11:10 AM.
04-04-2011, 11:07 AM   #20
Veteran Member

I had a couple of rock pieces turned down by redferns but the reason wasn't the camera but the lack of demand of the bands images though they met the quality criteria (I submitted on a newer act that looked like it was going someplace, it didn't story of my life)
Redferns is now part of Getty (wasn't then) wonder what it would take now
04-04-2011, 11:21 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
What "sponsored Pentax Pros"???
Kerrick James mentioned this in an interview, I believe in his fifth response, conducted by miserere: Shedding Light on Kerrick James | Enticing the Light.

I've heard of a couple others (non-sponsored) too, but couldn't point you to a source. However, I did remember the interview above when this discussion came up.
04-04-2011, 02:10 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by builttospill Quote
Kerrick James mentioned this in an interview, I believe in his fifth response, conducted by miserere: Shedding Light on Kerrick James | Enticing the Light.

I've heard of a couple others (non-sponsored) too, but couldn't point you to a source. However, I did remember the interview above when this discussion came up.
Thanks for the link. Good to hear Getty takes his images, but frankly they'd be insane not to, regardless of what system he was shooting. He has the chops to get his images in the door. Would be nice though if Getty has added the K-7 & K-5 cameras to their list for the average Joe though.

Last edited by MRRiley; 04-04-2011 at 04:30 PM.