Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2011, 12:21 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi Rupert
Your Squirrel pics are cute, no doubt, but without wanting to become a pest in this regard but all your pics display a fair amount of green/yellow cast also. Now I don't know why this is because I think you are a seasoned photographer and you would recognize this also.

My monitor is a fully calibrated NEC MultiSync PA241w and I don't think the problem is to be found here.

Like the bird pics above I have attempted to correct this to illustrate the point and as above I sincerely hope I have not overstepped the mark.

Greetings from sunny Melbourne

Last edited by Schraubstock; 07-24-2011 at 11:38 PM.
04-09-2011, 12:22 AM   #17
Inactive Account

Hey Rupert, Thanks for the look. No harm thanks for the help. I think most of that is my fault. I am over saturating the pics. And it is deffinately in PP. You nailed that one. I have been with photoshop for about 9 months now and it is quite a learning curve. Easily corrected by me.

But a verrry useful tool. for sharpening and cleaning up images... As the photographer it is harder for me to get the photos exactly right. I am always trying to get the most out of the photos. And sometimes overdo it... A great hobby...

Wow,,, Schraubstock.... That is quite a difference and the background look just beautiful... I am going to save that for a reference and see if i can create the same look. And i see what you mean by the green. I never noticed it before... Very good info...

Gary

Last edited by garyk; 04-09-2011 at 12:30 AM.
04-09-2011, 12:33 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by garyk Quote
Hey Rupert, Thanks for the look. No harm thanks for the help. I think most of that is my fault. I am over saturating the pics. And it is deffinately in PP. You nailed that one. I have been with photoshop for about 9 months now and it is quite a learning curve. Easily corrected by me.

But a verrry useful tool. for sharpening and cleaning up images... As the photographer it is harder for me to get the photos exactly right. I am always trying to get the most out of the photos. And sometimes overdo it... A great hobby...

Gary
I am relieved you are not upset with my criticism. I print commercially "Fine Art Giclee" and have developed a keen sense for colour. When I see pictures that are "colour incorrect" I get this twitch in my eyes and I feel the urge to correct it.

Greetings
04-09-2011, 01:36 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I really like this one.

Last edited by Schraubstock; 07-24-2011 at 11:38 PM.
04-09-2011, 01:39 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A quick way to correct colour balance in PS is to use a Levels (or Curves) Adjustment Layer.

Select the middle (Gamma) pipette and click anything in the image that you want to be a shade of grey, anything from White to Black, instant colour correction.

If you want to be really 'snobby' you can take a shot with a grey card just held in front of the camera and use that in PP, that will always be a neutral grey, then save that profile using the Save Button on the right and you can apply that correction to any image taken in the same sequence. Then colour balance is bound to be spot on, you'll be surprised at the extra detail you get.

Chris

Last edited by ChrisJ; 04-09-2011 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Addition
04-09-2011, 01:51 AM   #21
Inactive Account

I am going to try that Chris. I really want to take a course in PS. But in the jungle now ... so???

I may pic your brain some on this...

Thanks, Gary

Last edited by garyk; 04-09-2011 at 04:21 AM.
04-09-2011, 09:04 AM   #22
Col
Veteran Member

May I also try for 510mm

Took the plunge and "ebayed" a 1.7x AF Converter, which arived last week. Beginning to get the hang of manually focusing the DA*300 to close enough for the TC. This Pheasant almost put me in an early grave when it first made its presence known beneath my lounge window!

Not sure if I like the possibilities most or how the K-5 just wont blow the highlights.

04-09-2011, 07:27 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Col Quote
Took the plunge and "ebayed" a 1.7x AF Converter, which arived last week. Beginning to get the hang of manually focusing the DA*300 to close enough for the TC. This Pheasant almost put me in an early grave when it first made its presence known beneath my lounge window!

Not sure if I like the possibilities most or how the K-5 just wont blow the highlights.
WOW - that bird looks surreal!!!
Excellent capture!