Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2011, 12:03 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I ended up getting it from Don's Photo. They price compared the Calgary Camera Shop and so I got some discount. I am experiencing a "issue" thou. I posted a link in the forum on it, and it may be normal k5 behavior, or not. waiting for more K5 users to comment if they ever have this issue before potentially bringing it back to Don's.

04-27-2011, 09:32 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
You will be importing back to Japan. My understanding is that this can be rather time consuming.
You will effectively be buying a camera with no warranty because of it.
If all that matters to you is the lowest price, go hard, but frankly, I'd deal with a company that gave me a more local warranty (Pentax USA in your instance).
As of right now, I'm sitting tight with my K-7. It's not a matter of simply wanting to get the lowest price; it's a matter of what I can afford, and I should stop at $1200. $1300 is really pushing it. It's annoying to be so close, and it's easy to say, "If I'm able to stretch to $1300, why not to $1350?" But it doesn't work that way. Too much is too much. I do have to weigh the value-to-price issue, however, and warranty is an important part of that.
04-27-2011, 09:56 AM   #18
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Except aren't you eating up the difference if you had to make an international shipment?

For a Canadian buyer, ProDigital's prices are looking mighty tasty...
05-02-2011, 04:30 AM   #19
Adorama Camera Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
........I have also had good fortune with Adorama, and would not hesitate to do business with them at any time...and surely will in the future. .....
That's good to hear!