Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-23-2011, 04:16 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thinking about selling these beauties even before you getting them? That's really something...

BTW, my silver DA21 will be w me by April 25 Monday And I heard Pentax only made 100 pieces for each silver DA limiters because they just can't make more right now. You'd be lucky if you can get one.

04-23-2011, 04:18 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ron Boggs Quote
That's a fair price...I'll take the silver 21 to go with my 3 silver amigos. PM when you get it...
Looks like we are getting the same setup. Let me know if you really can't find one
04-23-2011, 07:53 PM   #18
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
Thinking about selling these beauties even before you getting them? That's really something...

BTW, my silver DA21 will be w me by April 25 Monday And I heard Pentax only made 100 pieces for each silver DA limiters because they just can't make more right now. You'd be lucky if you can get one.
That seems like a really small number, especially since they still have them for pre-order on their webstore. Might that number be just what was allocated to Singapore?
04-24-2011, 12:59 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul G Quote
That seems like a really small number, especially since they still have them for pre-order on their webstore. Might that number be just what was allocated to Singapore?
Singapore only got 5 pieces each ... DA21 only 4 left

04-24-2011, 01:13 PM   #20
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
Singapore only got 5 pieces each ... DA21 only 4 left
Wow, if that's the case then I hope I get my pre-order through Pentax.
04-24-2011, 07:53 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well Frank, I'm hopeful. You are my go to guy if I can't find what I need.

Planning on fitting the 21,43 and 77 into the tiny little tube case being marketed for DA Limiteds for superlight travel kit with silver K5. Just bought the case from B&H for less $ than one of the soft cases for lenses. It's fabulous and I recommend it highly.

Just flew around the U.S. a bit with the 43 and 77 in the tube case with spare battery and case of SD cards. Had the old FA 20-35 for video use until I get the 21. Already got a shot published from the session (crappy newspaper use but still in print).

Note that this tiny kit fit into an old laptop bag along with the laptop for carry on and all the necessary cords, grip, battery charger etc. Also shot some very usable video unattended from a mini tripod at my feet while coaching wrestling matches at nationals. Didn't do the HD vid., only needed VGA for analysis with athletes. More than sufficient and in VGA 30 uses SD cards sparingly. HD eats cards like candy...

Since the silver K5 seems to be unlimited production I'm guessing the silver lenses will be too once Japan cleans up a bit of radiation. Might go with a black 21 until silver is available.
04-25-2011, 06:07 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ron Boggs Quote
Just bought the case from B&H for less $ than one of the soft cases for lenses. It's fabulous and I recommend it highly.
I've been looking for one of these. What is the product name/ID on the B&H inventory list?

04-25-2011, 07:38 AM   #23

More interested to see how much the price of the black ones will drop once the silver ones come out, I've been wanting to get the 21mm 3.2 but at $560 right now on Amazon, a luxury I just can't give myself after buying the silver K5, plus I think the limited black lens look great on the silver body, they give good balance (black/silver) to the camera.
04-25-2011, 08:14 AM   #24
Forum Member

I would like to know as well. The only one I see is the Pentax one from this link:

Pentax DA Limited Lens Case 85122 B&H Photo Video

It's the same price as the pentax webstore and it seems a little expensive to me, but I might end up getting one since I'll be able to fit my three primary lenses in it.
04-25-2011, 08:58 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, that's the case I bought. The price is lower than the price of a single soft case for regular lenses and way less than the price of a single soft case for the Limiteds so in that regard I found it inexpensive or at least a very good value. Comes with several dividers to customize the interior. It's only slightly larger than my oversized Oakley sunglasses case.

Note that to use this tube case you remove the lenses from their individual cases and use this as the case. At first that seemed weird to me, but upon travel use, I'm very happy with the solid construction and utility of this item.
04-25-2011, 09:23 AM   #26
Forum Member

Thanks Ron, I'm probably going to pick one up as well.
04-26-2011, 06:27 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Finally got mine today:

Some bigger photos here:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/141795-lens-bu...ed-beauty.html

Last edited by frank; 04-26-2011 at 10:12 PM.
04-26-2011, 06:48 AM   #28
Forum Member

Very nice. I spoke with Pentax yesterday and they did not get any shipment on the 21st like they originally indicated to me. They did tell me I was guaranteed of getting one, but I'm a little skeptical of that claim now. Keeping my fingers crossed.
04-26-2011, 07:11 AM   #29
Banned

Wow that looks nice. I didn't get any info yet about shipping the limited DA lenses in Silver yet.

Where did you get that Pentax-logo strap?????
04-26-2011, 08:01 AM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul G Quote
Very nice. I spoke with Pentax yesterday and they did not get any shipment on the 21st like they originally indicated to me. They did tell me I was guaranteed of getting one, but I'm a little skeptical of that claim now. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Good luck then

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Wow that looks nice. I didn't get any info yet about shipping the limited DA lenses in Silver yet.

Where did you get that Pentax-logo strap?????
The strap was from a Super Program camera, it looks really cool