Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-03-2011, 09:37 AM   #16

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
Well, duh! That's not yours or the cameras fault, that's the alien photo-blocking technology. How else would you explain our complete inability to get clear photos of those things?
Front focus?

I've done some testing with kitchenware - it IS possible to catch flying saucers in focus indoors. Now - indoors is at close range, while UFOs normally appear really far away. My kit lens stops at unlimited, which clearly isnt enough. Just like stereos can go all the way to 11, lenses should go to unlimited + 1!

05-03-2011, 10:20 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by thorwb Quote
Front focus?

I've done some testing with kitchenware - it IS possible to catch flying saucers in focus indoors. Now - indoors is at close range, while UFOs normally appear really far away. My kit lens stops at unlimited, which clearly isnt enough. Just like stereos can go all the way to 11, lenses should go to unlimited + 1!
Oh, man, this is the 21st century. My stereo is a "multimedia reciever" and it goes to 100!!!
05-03-2011, 12:28 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Catching UFO's in flight is really just a matter of being a true professional photographer... You must use a tripod, and you really should ask them to sit still for your shot.
05-03-2011, 12:44 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
And the occupants to smile, I suggest!

I haven't tried UFO's yet. But all this top class focus, great bokeh, excellent options, etc etc, Pentax have got to get their act together. They just can't be excused for producing such excellent gear as the K5.

Unforgivable I say!!!

05-03-2011, 02:01 PM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
You clearly haven't tried shooting a fast moving subject without panning well or trying to capture a non-static subject handheld under putrid lighting conditions. THEN, maybe you'll find that your K-5 isn't as sharp as you thought it was...
haha, all of those photos I took at the races at Lime Rock must have been statistical outliers! That incredibly high percentage of clear photos just isn't possible with this fundamentally flawed camera.
05-04-2011, 01:55 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ahab Quote
Got my K5 about 3 weeks ago and as of last night tried it under all kinds of lighting conditions. No focus issues with any of my lenses, no softness issues either.
I'm sure it's either user error or a faulty unit (or both). I'd send the cam in for repair and replace the user with a competent photographer
05-04-2011, 04:42 AM   #22
Veteran Member

THe photo that you are showing have no EXIF data. For me , the photo show that you use a wrong aperture. WE have no clue were you focus

05-04-2011, 06:47 AM   #23
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I admit, I was a little worried when Otis asked me to get an action shot of him in his most vigorous activity.....I was sure my K5 would render a washed out blur........but as he demonstrated his most active position, it caught him pretty well......
[IMG] [/IMG]

Anyhow, it was good enough for Otis, so he wouldn't let me send it back.
Regards!
05-04-2011, 08:45 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
THe photo that you are showing have no EXIF data. For me , the photo show that you use a wrong aperture. WE have no clue were you focus
I didn't focus, the camera did.
05-04-2011, 10:36 AM   #25
Veteran Member

I didn't focus, the camera did.
Thats could be the problem , you should choose were to focus NO exif data no clue what you done
05-04-2011, 10:43 AM   #26
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I can send out a Squirrel....they always tell you exactly where to focus. Got plenty! One or a box full, I can fill your order!

Specify male...
[IMG] [/IMG]

....or female, when ordering.
[IMG] [/IMG]

Allow several weeks for delivery....they usually eat their way out of the box and it takes the FedX guy a while to hunt them down and re-box.
Best Regards!
05-05-2011, 04:35 PM   #27
Inactive Account

These were taken with the K5 and DA16-45.
Cheer up ahab, your K-5 is a perfect copy, your pictures are soft even a bit hazy.
I am serious.