Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2011, 06:43 PM   #1

K-5 Green mode

I just purchased a K-5. In green mode I can only take B&W pictures. Does anyone know how do to change this?

05-05-2011, 07:12 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Fortville Pentax Quote
I just purchased a K-5. In green mode I can only take B&W pictures. Does anyone know how do to change this?
Check your "digital filters" and turn them off...
05-05-2011, 09:23 PM   #3

Original Poster
k-5 green mode

I don't have the option of digital filters in Green Mode. They were off in all of the other modes. And I do get color pictures in every other mode. Could it be a defective camera? Is there a way to reboot the software? I did try taking the battery out and putting it back in.
05-05-2011, 09:45 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I don't have the option of digital filters in Green Mode. They were off in all of the other modes. And I do get color pictures in every other mode. Could it be a defective camera? Is there a way to reboot the software? I did try taking the battery out and putting it back in.
Honestly, I have no clue. I mentioned the digital filters because I really had no clue that you could not access them from green mode. I just pulled my K5 out and turned the switch to green mode for the very first time, shot a few pics and they came out correct; I never had a use for green mode.

This would be interesting to hear about a fix for this though just in case it happens in the future.

Have you updated your firmware?

05-05-2011, 11:17 PM   #5

The first logic option is to do a factory reset (i guess there is such an option). The second would be something wrong with your LCD? On the computer pictures are still B&W? Just my 2 c this morning, i don't have k-5
05-06-2011, 12:09 AM   #6
Pentaxian

I had not even tried green mode on mine, and I just played around with it. Wow, smart camera. Interesting that only JPEG is available in GM, but that makes sense I guess- and no digital filters available. Probably a good mode for quick snapshots, really. And it doesn't do B&W!! Weird...
05-07-2011, 12:14 PM   #7
Pentaxian

So, was this problem ever sorted out?

05-09-2011, 07:00 AM   #8

Original Poster
Hey . . .thanks for all the advice.. . . Reset worked! I've been using Pentax SLR cameras for 35 years but this is by far the most versatile one I've owned. I think I'm going to be back with more questions. It feels great knowing I have such a big support group!
05-09-2011, 07:46 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Go to Av mode, that will allow you to turn off that option, or use the menu you reset the camera. green mode locks out many of the ooptions. (I found that out the hard way