Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-10-2011, 11:23 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Quick questions... 18-135 on K-5

I pulled the trigger and bought one today... should get here tomorrow...

What I'm wondering... for AF adjustments (if any are required) where in the focal range do you make the adjustment? In other words, do I test/adjust with it zoomed all the way in (longest), zoomed all the way out (widest) or somewhere in the middle?

How'd you do it?

Thanks!

05-10-2011, 12:20 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry I cannot help with this one as for some reason this lens does not need any adjustments on my K-5, almost as if it was made for the camera. Even the k-5 low light front focus does not affect this lens, not sure why.
For my previous Tamron 17-50 I adjusted at the long end and it carried over to the wide end.
Not sure if that is the right way to do it.
05-10-2011, 12:35 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I was actually researching lens calibration last night and came across this:

I know how to test and adjust a prime lens. What about a zoom? / LensAlign / FAQs - Michael Tapes Design Support