Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2011, 07:58 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
On camera flash exposure compensation

On the K5 I can do flash exposure compensation on camera. In comparison to doing flash exposure on the flash is it doing the same thing? If I do it on camera, is it boosting the flash power just as if I did it on the flash? Or are they different somehow? Are they additive?

Thanks,

Ken

05-20-2011, 10:44 PM   #2
Veteran Member

The last thread i saw on this, the OP concluded that they are additive. So yes, they do the same thing.

But look at it this way, if you have 2 flashes operating for a portrait, you can adjust the output from both flashes by adjusting a single camera adjustment.

Also, older flashes and even some newer ones may lack an adjustment on the flash.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, compensation, dslr, exposure, flash, k-5, k-5 ii, k-5 iis, k5, pentax k-5