Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2011, 07:34 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
X Sync Socket

Not sure if I should post this in here or the lighting forum so I might double post.

If have a pair of Adorama 620 Mono lights. They came with the sync cord. Is this cord just used to fire the lights or......will it carry the TTL info into the mono lights from the camera? I always assumed that I have to shoot the mono lights in manual via the speed dial.
I'm also assuming that I have to fire the 2nd mono light and whatever other speedlights that I have as a slave since I can only have 1 cord....correct?

Thanks
Kevin

05-27-2011, 08:28 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, you will have to shoot in manual. Yes, you will need to trigger the other monolights with slaves or get a splitter for your sync cord. As long as you are not shooting around other flashing lights the optical slave trick works just fine.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, cord, dslr, fire, k-5, k-5 ii, k-5 iis, k5, lights, pentax k-5, post, sync