Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2011, 12:04 AM   #31

QuoteOriginally posted by Frogfish Quote
Exchange it under guarantee ... it's a problem very few people seem to experience.
My SRS (shop that sold me the camera) guy said "replacement unlikely. repair more likely"

Well I also think since AF is really OK on this copy. So is exposure metering and P-TTL unless in the dark with fast prime. Sensor without stains. So I'd rather keep this body if the shutter/mirror problem can be properly rectified. Unless they offer me full refund Replacement with this model is a pig in a poke. I already had a K5 body replaced once - in February this year, and this was the lemon I got, having spent $150 on postage and waited for a month as the shop didn't have the stock. Burn Hoya, Burn!

06-29-2011, 01:01 PM   #32
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Mikhail if you are into fast glass and big lenses like I am. Then don't feel left out. I have e same problems. Today I ordered a Canon 7D and 328 lens.

The new Canon lenses are coming out soon and there are a ton of good used glass nearly new on e-bay. So I picked up a 2 year old lens. The K-5 has just given me fits. AF is so poor with birding it is almost useless unless you have really good light.
It's just a thought. You might want to explore.

I have personally had it with Pentax. I have the Sigma 328 and 545 that I think is really good glass. I am going to slowely start to change over if I do not have the same problems with Canon. Who knows. But I have to try something. Pentax is a nightmare for me. I plan a slow retreat to check Canon and the lenses for a year. If much better and Pentax does not fix the problems then next year I am heading for the 500mm f4l and switching for good.

Last edited by garyk; 06-29-2011 at 01:11 PM.