Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-25-2011, 06:28 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Strange thing, I had first time ticking.

In het bos - YouTube

With K-5 Silver, but on a video rescently with this camera it wasn't.

Any new idea's on this. I did as usual just uploaded the clip from the card to youtube. Just a flaw in youtube or something in the recording?
Hi, I've just noticed this thread. I've done a lot of video including Youtube uploads over the years.

The problem is the way some video cameras interleave the video and audio when using the mjpeg video format with pcm audio, in an .avi container. It can be incompatible with Youtube's format conversion software. I only use 25 fps PAL but I suspect that the problem arises with mjpegs that interleave audio every 1 second (whether 25 or 30 fps) as the K-5 does. I can't speak for previous models but I assume they do the same. Clicks every one second, interleaving every one second, an interesting coincidence.

The solution is to convert your video into almost any other video format under the sun.before uploading it to Youtube. I use the free program Handbrake, which converts it into an mp4 file, which Youtube loves. And no clicks. You can use high bitrates that barely touch the video and audio quality, and it is FAST.

Another easy method - keeping it as an mjpeg and involving no recompression at all - is to use Virtualdub (also free) and just re-save the video, using direct stream copy for video and audio. Just make make sure the audio interleaving isn't at one second - though I don't think Virtualdub will even accept that value. Perhaps they know something. But sadly, you can't use Virtualdub with 1080p video (just everything below that).

Hope that helps!

Last edited by Dave L; 11-25-2011 at 07:22 PM.
02-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had this problem and found a solution. Specifically I wrote a blog post on the matter. The problem was solved by combining two freeware video conversion utilities (Windows).
03-26-2012, 04:40 PM   #33

Photos: Gallery
This is an extremely helpful thread. I've been noticing this since a week or so with some clips I recorded. I just tried that Xmedia program in Boris' blog post, re-encoding a video I shot yesterday using the "YouTube" profile. No clicks anymore, and it allowed me to easily filter out mic rumble due to wind as well. Everything right on the first go with the program. Heh. Thanks!

(A peregrine falcon sitting 750 meters/half a mile away; I attempt to film it by attaching my K-5 to the eyepiece of a very inexpensive Praktica spotting scope, at maximum - 60 x- magnification).