Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
08-09-2011, 04:43 AM   #196
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
No. Pentax warranties are normally only valid in the region where they are purchased. So if you want an Aussie warranty supported by the official Oz Pentax distributor (CR Kennedy), you need to buy local "Aussie stock". Warranties from other regions will mean that it has to go back to the region it came from for service.
Not sure if there are exceptions to this. I have read that you can request an international warranty card from Pentax USA, but I've not heard of someone using that to claim warranty in Oz.
Have to disagree with you there, I got my K-5 in Japan which obviously comes with a Japanese warranty but you just send that warranty to Hoya with proof of purchase and they send you back an international warranty. I gave my K-5 to C.R Kennedy last week and they accepted it no worries.

08-09-2011, 04:52 AM   #197

QuoteOriginally posted by figmental1978 Quote
Have to disagree with you there, I got my K-5 in Japan which obviously comes with a Japanese warranty but you just send that warranty to Hoya with proof of purchase and they send you back an international warranty. I gave my K-5 to C.R Kennedy last week and they accepted it no worries.
Well that's interesting. Seems to be quite some confusion about warranties here. Maybe we could and a sticky about it?
08-10-2011, 02:29 PM   #198

Try Eglobal Australia - Digital Cameras, Digital SLR Camera, Camcorder, Lenses & Digital Camera Accessories
Just bought one - delivered in 3 days - Aust. Very Happy with everything - service very good.
Cheers Isagold
08-10-2011, 04:53 PM   #199

QuoteOriginally posted by isagold Quote
Try Eglobal Australia - Digital Cameras, Digital SLR Camera, Camcorder, Lenses & Digital Camera Accessories
Just bought one - delivered in 3 days - Aust. Very Happy with everything - service very good.
Cheers Isagold
Good to hear you are happy with them. I had heard reports that they were dodgy... I guess not!

Last edited by rainwilds; 08-10-2011 at 08:14 PM.
08-10-2011, 07:56 PM   #200
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Same here rain, although they were cheaper, I'd heard of some horror stories from Whirlpool, so I ended up with T-Dimension instead.
08-10-2011, 08:16 PM   #201

QuoteOriginally posted by NicoleAu Quote
Same here rain, although they were cheaper, I'd heard of some horror stories from Whirlpool, so I ended up with T-Dimension instead.
Seems like it's a lucky dip prize!
08-10-2011, 09:54 PM   #202
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by figmental1978 Quote
Thanks for your information. Did you order it from Japan or purchase when you were over there? Just wondering if that makes a difference to obtaining an international warranty and CRK accepting it for service.

I'm happy to be proved wrong here...

08-11-2011, 03:09 AM   #203
Inactive Account

Hi I'm new to the site. Have you thought about approaching a supplier for a group buy of the K-5?
08-11-2011, 05:45 AM   #204
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
Thanks for your information. Did you order it from Japan or purchase when you were over there? Just wondering if that makes a difference to obtaining an international warranty and CRK accepting it for service.

I'm happy to be proved wrong here...
It was purchased in Japan. The C.R K guy didn't seem fussed about the warranty really, Hoya also give you a dated, signed and stamped receipt for the warranty swap.