Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-13-2011, 01:10 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sagiboy Quote
So how does it work...I go to pentax repair website..print the shipping label and ship it out with copy of bill and explaining the problem???? Or is there another way...???
If LI = Long Island, like I think it does, then you will need to send your camera to the C.R.I.S. authorized Pentax repair center in Arizona. You could literally just ship it in a box with proof of receipt and a short note describing the problem, but I think it would be better if you contacted them..

Here is their website where you can generate an online quote and pre-pay and all that business:

Digital Camera Repair| C.R.I.S. A+ BBB Rating

Alternatively, you may want to call them at the phone number listed on their website.

06-13-2011, 01:14 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Though, how long ago did your wife purchase your K-5 for you? And from where?

If it was within the last couple weeks you should be able to return it immediately for an exchange and not have to deal with the Pentax repair center at all.
06-13-2011, 01:21 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I think you have gotten good advice. Just go to the website and should be able to contact them and they will send you stuff for a shipping label. I think it will be fairly quick.
06-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Point is you can't sell a broken camera anyway, or perhaps you could try, for a much reduced price.
Send it in, and when you have it back, then make a calculated decision on which way you want to go.

Once fully operational, and being a gift from your very thoughtful wife, I wonder if you will reconsider opting out of the K5. Methinks more than likely.

06-13-2011, 01:39 PM   #35

Original Poster
I bought it from the local camera store in Long Island. It was bought on April 11th. I called the Pentax service center and talked to a rep. He had no clue about the shutter problems..and was surprised when he heard about it. He wanted me to ship it to them, but I was not ready to pay for it since insurance and shipping would be over $25 or so. He put me on hold and after a while assured me that they will take care of the shipping. I would be sent a pre-paid label he said.

Lets see what happens now.....
06-13-2011, 01:44 PM   #36

Original Poster
Thanks Chris...

I just contacted them....

QuoteOriginally posted by v5planet Quote
If LI = Long Island, like I think it does, then you will need to send your camera to the C.R.I.S. authorized Pentax repair center in Arizona. You could literally just ship it in a box with proof of receipt and a short note describing the problem, but I think it would be better if you contacted them..

Here is their website where you can generate an online quote and pre-pay and all that business:

Digital Camera Repair| C.R.I.S. A+ BBB Rating

Alternatively, you may want to call them at the phone number listed on their website.
06-13-2011, 02:11 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey there fellow-Long Islander
Did you buy from Berger Brothers by chance? You might call them and see what they say, even though you're outside the return period. Worth a shot.

I'm hoping mine doesn't end up with the same shutter problem, but I'll be keeping an eye on your story here just in case it does!

06-13-2011, 02:27 PM   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

So you're not selling yours lenses anymore ? :sad:
06-13-2011, 02:32 PM   #39
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Direct quote from my wife:

"this is the type of thing in which you get in more trouble for NOT telling me about the problem."

She asks... "Does the guy on the forum like the camera? If he likes it, he should get it fixed."

So there you go.
06-13-2011, 02:36 PM   #40

Yea I would say get it fixed (anything can break now days), and trade it for a film camera. (^:
06-13-2011, 03:22 PM   #41
Veteran Member

With regards to the wife, why not just say it went off to be serviced? You love it so much that you want it serviced regularly like car

And, I would sell...
06-13-2011, 04:22 PM   #42
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sagiboy Quote
Im selling only the primes....keeping the DA*s. She would be hurt to learn that the camera that she gifted me has 'issues' and the all the ones that I ever bought, never had any problem...
So, tell her you are having it calibrated and get over it. Sheesh.
06-13-2011, 04:31 PM   #43

Original Poster
Yes..I bought it from Berger Bros , Syossett.

I know the guys at BB, but I dont think they would be able to help me on this issue. Its been over 2 months now.....Im gonna send it to Pentax...

QuoteOriginally posted by DRabbit Quote
Hey there fellow-Long Islander
Did you buy from Berger Brothers by chance? You might call them and see what they say, even though you're outside the return period. Worth a shot.

I'm hoping mine doesn't end up with the same shutter problem, but I'll be keeping an eye on your story here just in case it does!
06-13-2011, 04:31 PM   #44

Original Poster
Hahahahaha

QuoteOriginally posted by dmort Quote
Direct quote from my wife:

"this is the type of thing in which you get in more trouble for NOT telling me about the problem."

She asks... "Does the guy on the forum like the camera? If he likes it, he should get it fixed."

So there you go.
Man....that is funny...!!!!
06-13-2011, 04:37 PM   #45

Original Poster
That plan is still on....

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
So you're not selling yours lenses anymore ? :sad:
I'm definitely going to sell couple of the pristine primes I have.....stay tuned...