Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
12-10-2011, 11:11 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The K-7 had an odd one: in TAv mode, if you press the ISO button (which of course won't let you change the ISO in that mode, since the whole point is for it to float) the viewfinder will display the remaining shots left on your card. I picture some engineer just going "hey, why let that button go to waste?"

12-10-2011, 12:45 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by enoxatnep Quote
As for my new K-5, I find it more awkward to hold down the ISO button with my index finger and turn the rear dial,
You don't need to hold the ISO button down to change the settings on the K-5. Just press and release the button and then turn the rear dial.
12-10-2011, 12:48 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yep, figured that one out as well the hard way Press ISO, forget about it and aperture will no longer change
12-10-2011, 01:08 PM   #19
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm up from a K200d. I generally like the logic of the K-5 layout. That said, prefer to shoot in manual and it's going to take forever before I stop pressing he ISO button to meter, hitting "review" to access the menu and turning the shutter speed wheel to shut down.

12-10-2011, 02:29 PM   #20

I find it funny how these K5 works, when I want to change the ISO I tap on the ISO button and it starts to blink on the screen and then I Scroll with the rear wheel I don't have to hold nothing down.
Rick
12-10-2011, 02:56 PM   #21
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
Yep, figured that one out as well the hard way Press ISO, forget about it and aperture will no longer change
... until you press ISO again or tap the shutter button, as I've found out through experimenting. But yes, until you form the habit, I can see how you'd accidentally keep changing the ISO instead of the aperture setting.
12-10-2011, 04:46 PM   #22
Forum Member

Is there any way to set up a button for faster access to the SR focal length settings? (faster than flipping through the menus.) This would be more convenient with older zooms. Also, is there any way to manually override the auto focal length settings when using a lens that produces them. I've got a lens that been giving me randomly inaccurate readings.

12-11-2011, 07:06 AM   #23
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by raphtze Quote
maybe it's documented somewhere....but the thing i love best, is going from choosing set ISO to auto ISO, by pressing the ISO button plus the green button at the same time also works for the exposure compensation button too--resets it back to 0 EC.

-raph
Cool....
12-11-2011, 08:05 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by c a sugg Quote
Is there any way to set up a button for faster access to the SR focal length settings? (faster than flipping through the menus.) This would be more convenient with older zooms. Also, is there any way to manually override the auto focal length settings when using a lens that produces them. I've got a lens that been giving me randomly inaccurate readings.
turn the camera off and back on again to get the focal length selection screen?
12-11-2011, 09:29 AM   #25
Veteran Member

On the K-5, pressing the Info button twice brings up a lot of options.
12-12-2011, 04:44 AM   #26
Veteran Member

It took me few minutes to find out:
Info button in LV = zoom to check focus
12-12-2011, 09:31 AM   #27

QuoteOriginally posted by enoxatnep Quote
As for my new K-5, I find it more awkward to hold down the ISO button with my index finger and turn the rear dial, but I guess that's still better than going into menus. So my wish for the K-5 would be a "secret" way to change ISO less awkwardly. Otherwise, much about the K-5 impresses me.
Just press the ISO button once adjust as required with the rear dial no need to hold the button down
12-12-2011, 10:27 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by raphtze Quote
maybe it's documented somewhere....but the thing i love best, is going from choosing set ISO to auto ISO, by pressing the ISO button plus the green button at the same time also works for the exposure compensation button too--resets it back to 0 EC.

-raph
I know the green button-auto iso thing is in the manual, because that's where I learned about it.
12-12-2011, 01:59 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Doom

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
I was thinking the exact same thing. Haven't played in years but I still remember the codes.

Ditto!