Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-20-2011, 11:18 PM   #1
Forum Member

Turning off exposure-bracketing?

I bet there's a simple answer, I just haven't been able to find it or figure it out:

I've assigned exposure-bracketing to the RAW button on my new K5. If I press the RAW button to exposure-bracket and then change my mind, I can press the button a second time to toggle it off.

However, if I shoot some photos using exposure-bracketing, the only way I know to return to single frame shooting is press to the RAW button twice, which then brings me to the Drive Mode screen, which I then have to scroll through to get back to single frame shooting.

I bet there's a better way to exit exposure bracketing. Thanks ahead of time!

06-21-2011, 12:53 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's the way I use, not as quick as the dedicated button on the K10D. The only consolation is that you can be instantly into bracketing.

Chris
06-22-2011, 03:51 PM   #3
Col
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That's the problem with bracketing becoming a "drive mode". (I tried having bracketing on the RAW/Fx button but soon went to something far safer (level) just because it was too hard to get back out.

One quick way is under memory settings have the K5 not remember the drive mode on powering off. Then you can switch the camera off and on to be back at the default single shot. Alternatively you press the drive mode button on the 4way controller and select single etc.

I finally created a bracketing user mode. Thus I can select the user mode to put me into bracketing and Av immediately (as I tend to want shutter speed to be the factor that's varied). So when I turn the mode dial off User, I'm back to whatever drive mode I had before bracketing.
06-22-2011, 05:21 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Col Quote
I finally created a bracketing user mode. Thus I can select the user mode to put me into bracketing and Av immediately (as I tend to want shutter speed to be the factor that's varied). So when I turn the mode dial off User, I'm back to whatever drive mode I had before bracketing.
+1. That was the answer for me.

06-22-2011, 09:12 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
User mode, great idea! Now I can do something else with that RAW button.