Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2011, 05:23 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Well I want a 1012

07-08-2011, 07:53 AM   #32
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks Gary...this is a very thorough and interesting site. Secrets of Digital Bird Photography

Any serious bird shooter could learn a lot at that site. Even a Squirrel shooter could learn a lot , I'll be spending some time there....thanks!

Best Regards!
07-10-2011, 02:32 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
A short story, and fair or not, one of the reasons I find far too many Canon shooters to be obnoxious and condescending towards other brands.
I have posted on flickr for about a year. I know some wildlife photograhers who use Canon and they comment on my photos as I have met them personally and I can call some of them friends as I have shot with them in the field. I'm cool with people who use Canon.

I have given some positive comments under some photos in certain photostreams on flickr several times but some of them have never commented on any of my photos. I have noticed the same people who never comment on my photos (although I have given them several positive comments) are the same ones who use Canon. It seems to me Nikonians are more likely to comment on my photos after I comment on their photos.

www.flickr.com/photos/andrewdalerichardson
07-10-2011, 06:02 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by traderdrew Quote
I have noticed the same people who never comment on my photos (although I have given them several positive comments) are the same ones who use Canon. It seems to me Nikonians are more likely to comment on my photos after I comment on their photos.
Isn't it funny that some people will check the camera brand (and often the EXIF) before they even look at an image, let alone decide they like it.

Because people can be so superficial, it sometimes tempts me to strip the EXIF from my flickr images. You want people focused on the image, not the gear. Akin to those guys who put black tape over the brand of their camera when they are out shooting.

07-10-2011, 06:54 PM   #35
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I'm glad people like their cameras...whatever brand they may be, but it does tend to get nasty when they attack , and Canon users tend to attack far too often. I guess it is like Ford and Chevy or Dodge....people just want to posture and it is really an attempt to say "I am better, or I am smarter". Sometimes they might need to ask themselves if they are better fighters......I won't listen to too much BS before I will challenge them to find out. People selling garbage hit my hot button every time.

Pentax is a great camera, most of us are well pleased, and shoot with Pentax because we like some of the unique features......certainly not because we have our nose in the air claiming superiority over all other brands......there are many fine cameras in every brand. Some of these jerks just need to "let us be".
BTW- There are some Pentax jerks too.....and I try to avoid them when possible. I thought...and still do...this is all about photography and what you get at the end of the day. If it is good, I will appreciate it no matter what camera you used....you too?

Best Regards!
07-11-2011, 02:42 PM   #36
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I just got back shooting 3 days with the 7D, yuck... personally I prefer the K-5 hands down. The controls are laid out much better and easier to use than the 7D. And the K-5 wins in ISO. I think it pretty much smacks the 7D around pretty bad. Also I am going to quit complaining about the K-5 AF in good light. The K-5 is just as good or better than the 7D. I only shoot center point for birds. And in good light the K-5 hits just as good as the 7D. I sure hope they fix mine???

But, The 300mm f2.8 lens. Is the sharpest lens I have ever seen. I am in awe. I am processing pics now to post. My god. even with a 1.4 T.C. I can see no difference. I am definitely staying with Canon for the lens selection. With a correction of +3 with T.C. it never missed a beat. It took me 6 months to get Sigma to rechip and get the Focus to work. What a joke.

Last edited by garyk; 07-11-2011 at 08:28 PM.