Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-09-2014, 11:56 AM   #406

first of all.what is shutter flop? is it when you press the shutter button it takes a picture then about a second later it seems (sounds )like it's taken another,but when you look at the pictures it's only taken one.also I have had problems lately with shutter freeze,and depleted battery display.took out battery and card left it overnight and all worked well.took afew pics all fine then went out earlier took a pic all good,the bang froze again.this time changed batt there and then took out card replaced ...nothing no action at all,then depleted message shown.turned camera off/on and could view the pics but no shutter action.Then recalling any earlier post by someone on the site I tapped the side by the auto/man focus button and it worked.then got home fired off a few shots inside and the same problem occured.what could be the problem? any advise is welcome......except throw the thing away, ha! thanks.

---------- Post added 08-09-14 at 11:59 AM ----------

plus reading this back after posting,I realise my spilling stenks!!!!

08-09-2014, 01:05 PM   #407

If any, only the first problem you describe is mirror flop. When mine did it, it never took any photos, even though the mirror would activate a dozen times or more. The rest of your problems would be best posted again, but under a new title. This tread is so old, I doubt many are reading it, especially since this problem seldom comes up now.
08-10-2014, 01:01 AM   #408

cheers
10-22-2014, 07:21 PM   #409
Veteran Member

Uh oh... My K-5 seems to be having the intermittent mirror sticking issue... Wondering if I should repair or replace? For those of you who have had the repair - has the problem ever returned? Also, any idea how much the repair costs - particularly in Canada?

10-23-2014, 08:18 AM   #410
Forum Member

Mine was done under warranty so I unfortunately have no idea what it might cost now, but after a little over 2 years since the repair it's still performing flawlessly and the issue hasn't returned
10-26-2014, 11:27 AM   #411

If my K5 started messing up again, I think instead of spending money to fix it, I would just replace it with the K3. I am not sure that the K3 is that much of a better camera, but I would feel better knowing the money was going to something newer. Still, I am holding out for the FF Pentax, when it comes out all my K5 stuff is for sale.