Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
07-17-2011, 05:57 PM   #1
Inactive Account

K-5 -- Drive Mode Menu

I just bought my Pentax K-5...

When I go to the DRIVE MODE menu, the only items I have are Single Frame, Self-Timer and Remote Control. I do NOT have continuous shooting, exposure bracketting or mirror lock-up shooting.HELP!

07-17-2011, 06:28 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Intervalometer on?
07-17-2011, 07:11 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sounds like you may have your camera set to green mode. Change the mode dial to P for Program and see if the features show up.
07-17-2011, 09:17 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
You mean there are modes other than M?

Bob is correct - Green mode doesn't give you but those three options. Switch to any other mode but Bulb and you will get all other options. In Bulb mode you're limited as well.

07-18-2011, 11:06 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks, bobel69.. That was the problem.
I would have been nice if the said that in the maunal.....
07-18-2011, 01:52 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cathylds Quote
I would have been nice if the said that in the maunal.....
It's in the manual, look at green mode, section 4 and see all functions who cannot be change
05-16-2013, 02:16 PM - 1 Like   #7

I also just got this camera and I cannot FIND the Drive Mode!

The manual says 'In Capture Mode....etc' but I can't find Capture Mode or Drive Mode. And Capture Mode isn't int he manual's index! All I want is to take some continuous exposures! Can anyone help please?

05-16-2013, 03:33 PM - 1 Like   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by CHERRYJAY Quote
The manual says 'In Capture Mode....etc' but I can't find Capture Mode or Drive Mode. And Capture Mode isn't int he manual's index! All I want is to take some continuous exposures! Can anyone help please?
Hi CHERRYJAY,

Capture Mode means that the camera is ready to take pictures as opposed to "playback mode" where it is set to display images already taken. "Drive Mode refers to the menu screen when you press the topmost button on the 4 way controller (there's a timer like symbol) the second position from the left shows cascading rectangles, and by selecting this position and choosing between Hi and Low, you can choose between fast and slower continuous exposures.

Scott