Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2011, 07:50 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
After several months with K5.

After several months with K5, it doesn't feel like a new machine but a very nice and natural upgrade of my old K200D. High ISO allows me to take photos that I can never get with K200D (Starry nights). I didn't feel the convenient of K5, until several days ago when I went back to play with my K200D, then only I realize it lack of a lot of convenient features of K5. I am like "what? I use this camera before?"

One thing I do realize is that, K200D seldom produce photos that have the focus point area with highlight blown out but I get those shots with K5 sometime. I use center average metering on both of them. The jpg picture (I shoot RAW+JPG) colors on K200D is also more vibrant than the K5 although I set both to 'vibrant'. I don't have exact count but that's my feeling.

I still yet to fully utilize all the features on K5 but, like HD TV, once you view HD TV, you never want to go back to standard def. again whenever possible.

Hope I can skip the next upgrade camera from Pentax (like I skipped K7 to get K5). I can't wait to see how dSLR technologies will bring us to in the next few years. It just getting better!

Lee

07-18-2011, 08:10 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I feel the same way when I pick up the old K100D Super that was my first DSLR. My wife uses it now, and she loves it, but it feels so basic now.
07-19-2011, 10:32 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
I upgraded to a K5 from a K200 as well. While I love the K5 for action and low lite shots I find I still prefer using the K200 with my Sigmas 17-70 and 10-20. For whatever reason, even after tweaking the K5's fine AF, the K200's shots with those lenses still seem sharper.